Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Instead of posting this as a comment to yesterday's blog, I am reproducing it as a Post. It deserves the broader exposure since yesterday's filth was dedsigned to give the subject no time to answer. I am sure my fellow blogers will express similar feelings.



[DOC'S POTPOURRI] New comment on SLIME.

Prof. Williams to me
show details 1:24 AM (4 hours ago)

Prof. Williams has left a new comment on your post "SLIME":

Doc,

I just want to say that, regarding Muhlenberg, I guess Rashid and Jerry (who were BOTH in attendance--sitting together) forgot that I spoke FOR THE RECORD at one of the Muhlenberg hearings--just Google my name with the words "Muhlenberg hospital hearing" and you will see that I was one of those who delivered testimony at one of the public hearings on the hospital. While I was at the hearing, videotaping it, as one of more than a dozen people doing so, I was told to stop taping by a police officer at the behest of Jerry Green. I refused to do so, and was threatened with arrest. When I got up to speak, instead of speaking about the hospital, I spoke about our rights as citizens to tape public meetings, and I suggested they arrest me if they wanted to--they backed off. After my brief statement, I ended up ceding my time to another speaker --my comments were videotaped as well.

All best,

Rebecca

5 comments:

  1. Now Dan Damon has posted on his blog a video with exactly the same crap that was in Rebecca's last mailer. It was full of lies. Rashid had answered it in his blog but I guess that wasn't enough for either Rebecca or Dan, now they have to put that out as a video.

    And you and others complain about the mailing from Jerry Green? Where's your perspective?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca admits she spoke about herself, not about Muhlenberg. Typical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is Rashid's response to Rebecca's second and eleventh hour mailbox slime piece which has now been made into a movie posted on Dan Damon's blog. Could you post this to.
    Dear Plainfield Resident,

    I apologize for emailing you twice in one day. Earlier I responded to yesterday's mailer from Rebecca Williams. Today she sent more slime in your mailbox. I know no one wants to hear a lot of back and forth, but these are new charges of wrongdoing. I have to answer them, line by line, lie by lie.

    If you read her flyer, please read my response.

    If you didn't read it and are not going to read it, why not click delete now and get on with enjoying your day:

    The LIE: "Burney voted to give an unnecessary no-bid contract to a politically-connected engineering firm to "re-study" Plainfield's street repaving program."
    The TRUTH: This was not a no-bid contract; an RFQ was put out in compliance with New Jersey law. The engineering firm was not hired to conduct a "re-study" of roads which need to be paved, but to produce engineering drawings for a TOTAL ROAD RECONSTRUCTION program. Roads cannot be reconstructed without appropriate engineering documents - that would be like building a house without contruction documents. These type of engineering work allows the reconstruction of roads like Kensington, Evergreen, Moffett, Cedarbrook Lane, Thornton and Highland to begin. By the way, Hillside and Martine Avenue are scheduled for repaving next year.

    The LIE: "Burney went along with giving the land on which the new Senior Center stands for $1 to the developer, when its value was three-quarters of a million dollars."
    The TRUTH: The alternative plan that Ms Williams was supporting would have cost the city $4M dollars. Even her own supporter Cory Storch voted for this. Our seniors now have a great community center. We now have a building which will generate $180,000 revenue in taxes per year. It was a good deal for our City and a good deal for our seniors. By supporting this plan, we saved Plainfield residents $4M dollars. I am OK with that!

    The LIE: "Burney never protested spending half a million dollars on a no-bid contract to sheeetrock the still-unused City-owned basement of the Teppers building."
    The TRUTH: I did not vote for it.

    The LIE: "Burney never spoke out against the Mayor's two bodyguards, finally admitted after years to be unnecessary by Pubilc Safety Director Hellwig."
    The TRUTH: I did speak out against the unnecessary expense in Council. Ms. Williams did not hear me because she never attended Council meetings until she decided to run against me.

    The LIE: "As Council President, Burney said and did nothing when the Union County Improvement Authority withheld PILOT payments due the city."
    The TRUTH: The City may owe the Union County Improvement Authority money. The Authority owed the City money. I have urged both sides to come together, settle this dispute and move on. If not, I have made my position clear: We need our money.

    The LIE: "Burney turned a blind eye and never said a word the whole year Robinson-Briggs illegally spent money on 'fitting out' the new Senior Center without Council approval."
    The TRUTH: No one on the Council knew anything about this issue until a few weeks ago, after the money was spent. The Council has not approved this expenditure. I have called for an investigation.

    It's really hard resisting the urge to descend to her level, but I will resist. I am running on a proud record of accomplishments. Click here to see my record of accomplishments. And please go to the polls and vote to re-elect me on Tuesday, June 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Rebecca invited us, I googled "Rebecca Williams Muhlenberg Hospital Plainfield" - it brought me back here.
    @Anonymous 10:23AM: so she spoke at the Muhlenberg closing - but she only talked about herself? What did she say?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon 12:45 pm: nothing about Muhlenberg. She even admits she "ceded" her time to someone else. All she talked about was wanting to videotape the state health board meeting. No wonder your googling led you back here!

    ReplyDelete