Sorry, but watching the Olympics can be time consuming and before I became aware it was midnight. Since I try to write the night before I post , I was literally lost for words.You will have to be satisfied with this picture of the entrance to the stadium an d venue of the original Greek Olympics.
The statue has nothing to do with the games but is just for atmosphere.

If you read JG's Blog Saturday he mentioned that Plainfield already has more than its share of group homes, half-way houses and the Park Hotel, which offers temporary housing and has become essentially a low-income hotel. It’s understandable that Plainfield residents would ask why other towns aren’t taking on their fair share of the same.
I quote further; "Here in Plainfield, by working with the current administration, we have tried to develop solutions for the problems that already exist. For example, when a home is purchased and turned into a group home, it is eventually removed from the tax rolls, meaning taxpayers like you and I have to pay more to cover the lost tax revenue. That’s why, working with the current administration, we’ve stopped adding these tax-free sources of lost revenue in the city."
He is right., In the last three decades an unknown number of the above type residences were developed in all neighborhoods most without adjacent homeowners pre-knowledge. Not only are they off the tax roles but some have an excessive demand on municipal services. One I am of which I am aware seems to need a full fire department response
on at least a bi-monthly basis How much does that cost the taxpayers?
What is not mentioned is that this problem developed in the last 2 to 3 decades. It would be interesting to find out where they are and under what administration they were invited in to Plainfield.
No comments:
Post a Comment