Monday, August 11, 2008

COUNCIL TONIGHT

Tonight's Council's agenda setting session has at least 5 resolutions of interest, the rest to an ill informed individual like me appear to be candidates for the "Consent Agenda"

Of the three resolutions proposed by Councilman Burney two are meritorious and innocuous; #1: The establishment of an Ad Hoc Muhlenberg sub-Committee. The three members are very qualified to carry out that committees charge.#2, the reestablishment of a Citizen's Advisory Budget Committee. @0 years ago it had some limited input, but absolutely disappeared during the last administration. #3 This sounds great using the words " demanding specific assurance of" Commissioner Howard. I will reserve comment until I can obtain a copy. I still can not find anywheres on the Internet the Council Agendas or resolutions.

The fourth resolution of interest is item I;Resolution Approving Qualified vendors and services etc., Again would like more info, who,what,why.

#5 on my list is under PUBLIC WORKS AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT; Item T "AUTHORIZE APPROVAL FOR THE RELEASE OF PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE AND CASH DEPOSITS ASSOCIATED WITH DEVELOPMENT OF REAL PROPERTY COMMONLY KNOWN AS 1200-1354RANDOLPH ROAD/1204-1248 PARK AVE etc." That has to be either the Muhlenberg employees'parking lot or the building which houses the Dialysis operation. Which is it. Obviously Solaris is trying to take advantage of innocent Plainfield. More info is required. The public advocates should be on their toes.

.I intend to write a brief comment on the third "Burney Resolution" a soon as I read it.

To Plainfield Today; Reassessment could be of value and could be time. Also what is needed is a complete listing of "tax exempt and tax abated" properties. This will help us get a bettter idea about home owner's tax burden.

No comments:

Post a Comment