I have at 7AM just read Jerry Greens 8/4/08 blog which was posted at 9:43 PM last night. If it had been available when I drafted today's Muhlenberg Potpourri I might have revised some of my comments.
How were any of us to know that the Mayor and the Council and the Assemblyman had known for over a year that Solaris was planning to close the hospital? Perhaps if the approval of the subdivision of the campus had been made public we could have reacted sooner, even before the general elections.
John Gostal's remarks about independent audit of Solaris's bookis to verify the financial claims are justified. I know nothing about Mr. Green's projected costs regarding the property. Please clarify the figures. Was not the 4.5 million part of the 2008 state fiscal year grants to operating hospitals? Obviously it was too little.
You all must read Jerry Green's Page. There is much of interest and perhaps some disinformation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As I see it, Jerry's post can be summed up in what he wrote hoping Solaris "will deal in a fair manner to help us find a buyer who won’t be a competitor to Solaris"
ReplyDeleteThis shows that JFK wanted to get rid of the "competing" MRMC all along and he knew this. The "cherry-picking" of MRMC was obvious. The citizens of Plainfield and the surrounding communities want their beloved hospital back plain and simple and are not concerned about Solaris' "cries of woe".
And it should be noted that just because JFK is the closest doesn't mean that the "desired pool" of insured people they were hoping to get will go there. There are "desireables" right now that are refusing to go to JFK and taking their business elsewhere to the other hospitals "in the area" or should we say - gasp!- "competitors"!
Aminara