I am on the snail mail and email list of both parties as a loyal supporter. Both consider me one of “most important NJ party members” so I am assured of having a daily mail delivery of a solicitation or propaganda letter. My nephews and kids are either ardent Democrats or die heart Republicans, and often don’t speak to each other. But I receive all kinds of email from them, and I will occasionally pass one on. I assure you that I will and do not favor any one party and that all of this must be taken with a grain of salt.
For the next 10 weeks every one of us if we are truly concerned about our country should throw away preconceived political passions and try to objectively examine the parties, the candidates at all government levels before casting our vote. If you do so whomever you vote for will be the best choice.
One caveat; campaign promises and positions are just expediency.
All propaganda has an element of truth to be effective; this did not come from my outspoken Democrat son.
This has to make you think a little bit, if not then keep your blinders on!
George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years.
The first six the economy was fine.
A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations o'seas, living large!...
But American's wanted 'CHANGE'!
So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress & yep--we got 'CHANGE' all right.
In the PAST YEAR:
1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ;
2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS & prices still dropping;
Perhaps your Democratic son should demand "equal time".... ;-)
ReplyDeleteHe doesn't need to do so. As I wrote; Both parties claim me, unfortunately I have given $10.00 or (more) for candidates in both parties, not for the same election. When some one sends me a good anti GWB or GOP document, I will reproduce it to print in my blog. I am sure that my Florida nephew will have something emailed as soon as the conventions are over. A nephew in South Jersey is almost as conservative a Republican as his brother and my son are irrevocable Democrats. I have a trird nephew that ran twice for Congress on the Republican ticket in Atlanta. Hehad as much a chance to be elected as a snow ball surving in you know where.
ReplyDeleteI have no ides and do not want to know how my girls vote. All I want them to do is to VOTE.