Saturday, December 27, 2014

A PLEASANT IF NOISY DAY




Irrespective of religion, race or ethnic considerations this season is one that all can enjoy. It is one that is marked by family get-togethers; often including the co-mingling of relatives that seldom see each other.

I have a nephew who lives in South Jersey but keeps in frequent contact with me. He and his wife do visit once or twice a year

This week end my daughter and son in law from Virginia, my son and daughter from NYC, my daughter from the DC area, and my granddaughter her husband and two children are staying here. 

Additionally there is a daughter and spouse, one grandson and a great-grandson in Watchung who did not happen to be here Friday.

My nephew and his wife with perhaps one of his daughter’s and family of three 10 and under children were planning to visit about noon time.

Imagine our pleasant surprise; not when the three children tentatively came up the walk to entered the house. However, we were not prepared for the next wave of three youngster also 12 to 3 accompanied   by 5 adults, who suddenly appeared around the corner.

With Sonia’s 5 year old grandson who also came with her to visit Casey and Sydney; for several hours there were 9 children between 3 and 13 having  a hell of a good time for well over two hours; and no one ended up crying or hurt!

I almost forgot to mention that Dawg, although overwhelmed by the numbers and activities participated in the play by barking am running with them. Dawg really passed a critical test.



No comments:

Post a Comment