July 1, 2009 the Council adopted a three month temporary budget based on the 2009 budget.Councilors Storch and Mapp were absent due to previous commitments, and Councilor Reid participated via conference call phone. The Corporation Counsel opinion was that this was legal. One other item "Fire Engine Lease" was withdrawn by Administration. I expect it will reappear at the agenda setting meeting.
Jerry Green posted a most interesting blog June 30. I am re-posting 3 paragraphs unedited and in sequence with my comments inter spaced.
"As I stated last evening, this is not the time to point fingers. The time now is for ALL parties to come together and do RIGHT for the City of Plainfield. Anyone who has ideas, recommendation, and/or suggestions, I would be happy to sit with you and put those good ideas to use". see below.
"The issue of rent control came up last night, and I shared with the public that rent control is an issue that the Mayor and Council should deal with; it is not a State issue. I chose not to comment one way or the other because that task should be left to the local officials".
It is one of the issues but I disagree that it is purely "local". More important is proper codes and enforcement. This is #1.
"Also, it was mentioned by one of the bloggers recently, that there was a plan and a taskforce put together to deal with these problems and that I took part in dismantling it. That is not true. I am looking forward to working with everyone on this. However, let us stop pointing fingers and making assumptions, but let us move forward with fact-based conversations toward strengthening our City."
I found this disturbing and sent a commentary question to Mr. Green's blog wondering when and who made the accusation. I for one never mentioned a plan or task force except to attribute that to statements made by Dashield at the Council meeting and I believe quoted in the paper.
I never insinuated that the Assemblyman took part in dismantling "Safe Homes Initiative".
Besides attempting to find out the blog Green in question, I also mentioned my suggestions of a commission to study code and organization structure updating. I noted in that commentary-which as of this date apparently did not reach Mr. Green since he did not post it or reply- that no plan could succeed without his active participation which I hoped he would give.
Since I have no response to my private questions, I find it only appropriate to repeat them publicly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dr. Yood,
ReplyDeleteWhen I referenced a blogger accusing myself and Mayor Robinson-Briggs of being a part of dismantling a taskforce, I was referring to Dan Damon.
The council, due to budgetary reasons, cut this particular area due to funding. I will not get into a back-and-forth match, but I do want to make it clear that I had no part in dismantling such an initiative.
One would posit that the Dan Damon's of blogging would stop with the nonsense and discuss how we can move this City ahead. It is time we move ahead on behalf of the City, and clearly, the voters have spoken these past two mayoral elections.
I, the Mayor, and Council have worked very hard in dealing with the Muhlenberg issue, wherein Dan Damon accuses me in doing nothing, and I am working very hard on the PMUA issue as well as the Connolly issue.
So while the Mayor, Council, and I are working hard on behalf of the City and State, it is frustrating and counterproductive to have certain individuals constantly invoke detrimental criticisms, and not participate in solution-based discussions.
1 - One would posit that the Dan Damon's of blogging
ReplyDeleteShoud read Dan Damons of blogging
2 - would stop with the nonsense and discuss how we
Should read stop the nonsense
3 - clearly, the voters have spoken these past two mayoral elections
1,900 voters out of over 20,000 is not clear at all that the people have spoken
4 - I, the Mayor, and Council have worked very
You got it right in the last paragraph - Mayor, Council and I
There are other errors, but this should get my point across. A public figure, who makes his living from speaking and writing should be errorless in his communications. It is a big deal.