Monday, July 13, 2009

POTPORRI PETITE REDUX

7:15am
I vented yesterday, and am awaiting tonight's meeting, Both the agenda session and the special meeting will clarify the 2009 Council's political position. Read tomorrow's blogs. The CN deadline is too early for any story in Tuesday's paper.

Perhaps I should be amazed at those who HIDE themselves as anonymous to make nasty remarks about those who are not afraid to be identified. It is apparent that most of them don't care about honesty in government but only their own ego.

Paul Valery (1871-1945) wrote "Politics is the art of preventing people from sticking their noses in things that are properly their business" How true such as short notice.

Alfred E. Newman wrote " Crime does not pay.... as well as politics"

and Plato way back when said"Those that are too smart to be engaged in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber"

Each of these writers were wiser than most of us.

Still working on aspects of FEBP so the next instalment of Health Care may be delayed until Wednesday but I hope sooner, so we can discuss the new proposed plans.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Doc,

    Here is one of my favorite quotes from Mencken to respond to those who think that people who are critical of the state of Plainfield and who desire change are merely "haters":

    "It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."

    As for myself, I don't think personal attacks (especially about my fabulous hairdo!) do anything except demonstrate that the knucklehead who makes them has serious issues. Also, the person may have mistaken me for someone else--those who actually know me know that I am a full-time educator--if that is not a "real" job, I don't know what is.

    All best,

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. TO 12;30 anony:Enough personal bickering. I will not publish any more anonymous personal remarks aimed at an individual, and will remove this AM those that are offensive. I posted this yesterday as a comment. Obviously you did not read it or thought if you attack two people that excuses you from the above.

    If you want to resend it and sign with your name and address which I can verify I may print it.But,you are very close to slander. Beware.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess Plato was blessed with future vision and saw our current city government and our state government to boot.

    ReplyDelete