Tuesday, July 21, 2009

MAYOR'S FORUM 7-21-09

Thursday (I certainly must have been sleepy when I wrote this- THURSDAY ??? that is tomorrow and of course I meant TUESDAY. However if CAG meets in the future or in the past and is going to make suggestions to Solaris it might as well have virtual meetings. [9am]) nights public forum was delayed for almost a half an hour, while the CAG was in session. When the meeting started, paper. It was announced that questions to be answered would be written and submitted to be answered in order received.

The panel consisted initially of the Mayor,Assemblyman Green, Assemblywoman Stender, Council Chairman Burney, Corporation Counsel Williamson, and from the State; an Assistant Commissioner whoes name I did not get.

It was obvious from the questions and the discussion that CAG will have no real function or purpose except to make suggestions to the Commissioner's office about the Plainfield situation. Since the group function appears to be window dressing and will have no authoritative status it is really an exercise in futility I left early.

Of interest in answer to a question it was stated that CAG was not an official government organization and thus was not subject to open public meeting laws.

I hope for a will post comments on the "road status" portion of the meeting.

The Courier had a reporter at the Public Forum, his report is 1st page top. (9.00am)

2 comments:

  1. Great news.

    An ineffective advisory committee without power which publicly announces it doesn't have to follow the law, because its just folks talkin'.

    My kind of government.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had previously felt some concern about the people on the committee but now that I see that it has no purpose,no legal status and is not subjected to the "sun shine" laws, who cares?It will give some of its members something that they know how to do and that is talk! The Mayor will provide refreshments, smiles and hugs--the same items that she usually brings to meetings and JG will write about the meetings as if the Mayor has walked on water. The "good citizens" of Plainfield, obviously, feel that this is the way they want to be represented.

    ReplyDelete