Thursday, July 23, 2009

HEARTH CARE--SLIGHT DELAY

No the commentary on the impact of the President's press conference will have to wait at least for several hours. Suffice to say except for the wise omission of a deadline there was little said that was not expected.

My apology for delaying any personal in depth comment is sort of medical. I have had several nights of sleeplessness. Rather than a full night (5hrs for me) I was sleeping in about 1 to 2 hour segments and then being awake for another hour or so. Naturally I would fall asleep in the afternoon for an hour and/or after dinner.

I am not an advocate of sleeping pills because the prolonged or hangover effect is a real problem at my aged. Despite this I took one of the newer in fashion medication with supposedly a short "life" last night. The results were a little short of miraculous; it took me an hour to fall asleep, I awoke in am hour and then after my usual awake interlude fell asleep for almost 3 hours. My alarm clock awoke me and all seemed well for another two hours when I felt the need for a "nap". So; Thursday morning was shot. By the way the "Wake up pill" does not counteract the prolong effect of the sleeping pill.

For those that wonder about dosage, I have always been an advocate of minimal effective medication. Overkill can be that.

If any one is interested in this retires practitioner -not provider- concerns of medical care planned programs, it is coming in dribs and some drabs starting later today.

2 comments:

  1. ANONYMOUS 1:42 PM; Your long commentary has to do with Plainfield politics and the CAG meeting not the subject of this post, therefore I can not (see previous rules) post it, I have kept it on file to be used as a subject of a future post I attended that meeting and bogged my impression. The interchanged between an unknown to me woman and Assemblyman Green also did not improve his image If you wish I will included that in my "paper".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That woman's "image" wasn't very good either--she sounded like she wasn't even from Plainfield and had a partisan axe to grind. Anyone know who she was?

    ReplyDelete