Monday, October 16, 2017

ELECTION TIME.



Try to write a blog!Today after breakfast and reading some newspapers became immersed in internet documents from the Times, USA Today, and the NBC news media, as well as the Rasmussen Reports. Had a quick trip to the market to get a box of Medium Dog Bones for Dawg had lunch and read the first section of the WSJ but had company who stayed for 45 minutes. At 2:30 decided that nature was calling and next sat down to watch a 30 minute tape saved from a late last night show.
Of course Dawg insisted that I put the leg rest up and lean back in the lounge chair. When I woke up it was 3:45 so I decided to do the blog but two phone calls took up the next hour plus, so it became time to make dinner

I had to set the TV to record the BB game and then I started to write this alternative blog, which included local matters that have been side tracked.

I can’t believe that slightly over two weeks it will be Election Day .Locally we are concerned this year with (1) State Assembly election, (2) the Governor replacing Christie, (3) Freeholders. (4) The Mayor ship (5) the Councilor at Large and (6) the School Board of Education.
1-What choice do we have for Governor?  Guagdgno the Republican has not only to live down Christie but her whole campaign has been to attack Democrat Murphy as one who is going to raise taxes by 6 million.

He may do that but there are only there choices if we are to retain all our entitlements and replace our deteriorating infrastructure; get more tax money, cut entitlements, or reduce some of the entitlements which means one will not be elected again to a public office. A fourth course is to increase our debt and do everything. Ultimately somehow the debt has to be paid or face bankruptcy ala Puerto Rico.
Murphy is of course another Goldman Sachs alumnus and our experience with previous ones as Governor has been bad.

Who is the lesser of two evils?  We were faced with that choice last year and look what we got for POTUS!!  (and I voted for him since I knew that my voted would not count; he could not get NJ's electoral votes.)

Locally the School Board election is the most important. Although it is supposed to be apolitical, there are unofficially two slates for  the three open sl,okts;one with Mapp’s blessing the other Gilbert’s aficionados. There are two independent candidates also on my ballot, but no holdovers and I know nothing about any of the eight.


No comments:

Post a Comment