Tuesday, October 31, 2017

AN ELECTION IN ONE WEEK



It is a week before elections. Please bear with my intermittent blogging as a substitute to the now unavailable blogs by Dan whom I hope will be back soon and Bernice’s defunct blog. I can give you no update on Dan except to say that as you get older it is possible to have medical problems.

As to the local elections; I have already mailed by absentee ballot; and I must confess that I did not vote for anyone for Governor. This has been entirely a negative TV campaign. Neither major party candidate gave an indication of a program and how to pay for it. Of course a Democrat legislature will have no reluctance to further mortgage our (and our children’s) future.

I did receive two flyers from Green’s faction which, pardon the Trumpism, boasted about how much he did for Plainfield. Unfortunately has chairman of the (I forget the exact name important committee that oversees hospitals he did nothing to prevent the closure of Muhlenberg. N or did he mention his then affiliation with the Alman group who supposedly had a business relationship with JFK.

There is of course no choice to consider between an incumbent mayor with known faults and a challenger with a questionable history. By default the Mayor.

The two public questions on the ballot are worth supporting.

As to the Board of Education candidates, I have always been an advocate of a Mayor’s appointed Board where responsibility can be pointed. In this nonpartisan elected board with two not recognized “slates” on the ticket the one with the mayor’s “support” should take preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment