Tuesday, June 17, 2014

DELAYED REPORT

There will be no report on this blog about the Council meeting today.

Why? At 8:15 pm with only four Councilors present, Greaves, Taylor, Brown and Williams. Williams assumed  the Acting President's seat and called the meeting to order.

Immediately Councilor Taylor called for an executive session to discuss with Administration a "personnel matter". For another hour the Public had to wait while the Councilors discussed a matter that I am sure could have been taken care of  sometime after last weeks meeting.

I hope I am wrong, and that the executive session was  truly an urgent matter. Otherwise, the public was disrespected.

I left as the meeting was almost adjourned and arrived home at midnight.

I have a full day until about 2pm scheduled, so  no blog.

4 comments:

  1. Dealing with someone livelihood is always import Doc. Maybe not for the very few but the majority of us live paycheck to paycheck so if council went into executive session to talk about someone's livelihood then it is extremely important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10:20 AM, Yoy misunderstood. I did not question importance but urgency. The Council had a week to have a meeting with Administration about the Mackson affair, which I surmised was the topic of the meeting, they should have had respect for the public's time.

      If it was important they could have taken care of it last week. They were elected and paid to do so. If they do notwant to serve then they should resign.

      Delete
  2. I am told it is extremely hard to get administration to even meet about the Mackson issue. This is just a shame and of course you would find a reason to blame the council

    ReplyDelete
  3. this anonmyous commenter at 3:51 sounds like a council member. Otherwise the council is talking to people about mackson because how would they be able to say 'I am told' about it. the council is not suppose to talk about personnel so they go to the blogs to put comments on.They need to stop public talking about employees.

    ReplyDelete