The over one hour Public Comment Session last night devoted
to public anger over the “ firing” of Lamar Mackson as head of the Media and Information sections has
been well covered by both Bernice in her Plaintalker II blog and David
Rutherford this am.
There is no reason for me to factually address that well covered
issue today; I will post later on today what I would consider one man’s
impression of the issue itself and the Councilor’s reactions which created a
circus rather than a dignified meeting.
David has promised to post tonight a video of that portion
of the meeting. I await it.
The Good/Sad news of the day is that the Trenton voters
showed common sense and elected Eric Jackson to be Mayor of that troubled city.
Jackson in his over two years here was the one of two
appointments that Mayor Robinson-Briggs made who demonstrated what makes a good
public servant. He should have been City Administrator but as experience shows
would not have been around long enough for Plainfielders to know what they were
losing.
We hope he does not have a Plainfield Mayor/Council time in
Trenton, Best wishes, Eric.
Doc you are so one sided. Mayor Mapp made this personal and you will never print when he is wrong. Richard Stewart broke it down the best. There was more then enough money to keep Lamar Adrian or should I say Mayor Mapp acted on emotions and this will hurt the city tremendously .
ReplyDeleteI only wish you had a face/name. You are the partisan person. You could withhold your comment until after you read the blog I promise.
DeleteDoc I agree with anon 9:00am, I was there last night and I was totally SHOCKED. I had just come from Vacation yesterday around 5pm when I heard the news. This will be a disgrace if this Mapp administration do not bring back Mr. Mackson. I attended every budget meeting and what Richard Stewart stated last night there is more than enough money in the Media's budget. I went home last night and compared last year's media budget to this year's and everything that Richard Stewart said last night is 100% correct. I appeal to the residents of Plainfield to do the same. Doc you seem to want to blame this one on the council and this is not fair at all. I always respect and follow you and Mr. Paglia's blog and this time I am a little disappointed in your comments today. If administration is wrong it is ok for you to say it. Mayor Mapp wants to RULE this City and he is destroying this City. He knew if he had fired Lamar before the election the new dems would have been defeated by a landslide. I spoke to one of the young men whom volunteer with Lamar and he informed me the way they escorted Lamar out of City hall was heart breaking. This young man said you would have thought Lamar was a criminal. This is out right wrong and maybe the people was right we need to recall him NOW. Mayor Mapp continue to disregard the people who elected him into office. It has only been 6months GOD help us he stays out his entire term. I heard the residents of this great city cry out over the Health Officer and he still hired her. Mayor Mapp do not care about anyone who disagree with him. Mr. Mackson did his job and it pissed the Mayor off so he fires him. As I stated before I VOTED for him and he has fooled me. I am sitting here right now with a heavy heart and I am appealing to this administration to hire Mr. Mackson back. It's ok we all make mistakes but this was a bad one. Please Mayor please reconsider the action you have taken.
ReplyDeleteRenee
Renee, I repeat, read my follow up blog, I think my position is clear.
Delete