Wednesday, June 11, 2014

TUESDAY NIGHT COMEDY #1



Sooner or later the June 10th agenda fixing session will be on PCTV and/or YouTube. Since the 1st 75 or so minutes were spent in public comments mostly on one subject, one could turn off the TV after that. But do not miss the “sit down” comedy show for which the public speakers were the set up act.

Well not quite true; there are several Resolutions that are being moved to the Business session agenda that bears comment.

Also it is apparent that not all Councilors read the small print in the Ordinances up for first reading. The lateness of the hour and meeting dictates that this will be posted later.
See you later this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Old Doc, who I thought was a closet elephant but recently discovered you are a real elephant in a donkey’s disguise. This is Angelo, not anonymous.
    I have so much appreciated your commentary about D Day, other similar blogs about your WWII experiences, the critiques of ACA and most recently your blog about the low information people who didn’t come out to vote in what may have been a most important vote, an opportunity we may well never see again. It was Martin Miemoller’s poem that resonated for me.

    I would like to recommend two articles I’m sure you will appreciate:
    http://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/why-the-nazis-burned-the-hebrew-bible/
    (BTW, I ordered the book, which should arrive Wednesday)
    and
    http://online.wsj.com/articles/stephen-t-parente-the-short-unhappy-life-of-obamacare-1402441569?tesla=y&mod=hp_opinion&mg=reno64-wsj

    ReplyDelete