Sunday, December 1, 2013

POTPOURRI With corrections

One very cold weekend but no snow or ice. Tomorrow (Mon day) the Council meets in its Agenda Setting Session. It  should be a relatively short session unless there is items that were not on the agenda released on Wednesday.

Saturday's Courier contained in the legal notices a full page list of   contracts issued by the BOE; all appear to be for outside educational vendors who supply various specialized teaching  or psychological services. Some seem to be for the same type service but different t vendors.

What is very disturbing is that there are about 50 contracts for "out of district services"  which are listed as approximate amount.  Why are these contracts  not fr a fixed amount? In addition  there is no total of the amounts being allocated.

Speaking of the Courier, I am serious considering ending my 69 years subscription..There is very little  news in it. My favorite item is the "Bridge" column and some of the letters. However the patient paper is not customer friendly&g; I pay by check and for years my bill was quarterly now the bill is coming monthly.

Particularly annoying was the extra $2.00 charged  for its  " biggest edition ever" on Thanksgivimg day.. I t seems that besides charging advertisers for there ads, the "subscriber" is also been charged to receive about 5 lbs of unwanted   ads.

Not being customer friendly seems to be the order of the day. For the 40+ years I have lived at my present address since our mail delivery   is to a street mailbox as is done on rural routes,we leave out going mail in the box for the postman to pickup. WE must have the umpteenth Postman/woman, who not only was several hours late but but delivering my mail into  the box and not touching the letter s left for delivery. mailing.

When I went to the Netherwood  Post Office  at just before 1pm I found it locked with posted on the door a notice that it would be closed between 1:15pm and2:15 pm daily (for lunch?). Although they closed early; I bet they ill not reopen till after 2:15 pm.

Finally I wish to thank my CLAQUE for all the nice thinks they said about me. Years ago I might have blushed.



6 comments:

  1. Count me in the claque! There are precious few left of the 30 or so Plainfielders who tried their hand at blogging. Your perspective is especially valuable to the readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard Lear could have told you what was going on - oh, but I forgot, people voted for those who had cute little nursery rhymes.

    Aren't nursery rhymes for children? Isn't being on the BOE an adult function? Maybe that's the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many of us appreciate your thoughtful insight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read all the Plainfield blogs...however only Doc and Bernice seem to provide pertinent information, both good and bad. Dan only post comments he likes, although he does provide good info sometimes. As for the City Council...the only one who post relevant info is Cory Storch. Rebecca post rebuttals, The rest of them nothing informative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon 12:54 Really? It seemed to me that Mr. Lear, aside from criticizing the contract with the law firm and quoting a few numbers from a report, had no idea what was going on in the district.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Mrs. Campbell who has been on the BOE for 9 years does?

    ReplyDelete