Wednesday, July 3, 2013

INTERLOPER

Not on the light side, but a break from the pedantic and probably to serious series  on various factors that determine our views on sex, gender, and marriage. 

I like the time spent on  this subject, since he has been a great educational experience for me and will encourage my finishing the set of "Great Courses on Religions." there too Buddhism is next.

There are two major happenings this mid week that stimulated this extra "blog"; The first being the announcement from the White House that the President has succumbed to pressure and is postponing the implementation of the ACA requiring employers of more than  50 full time equivalents to provide a form of health insurance. 

If you have read my rants on the impact of the ACA in the past I will point out that I had noted the potential dangerous economic fallout. It seems that some one  in DC suddenly started to stop daydreaming and return to the real world.

The requirement for all individuals to buy insurance by Jan. 1 2014 or face penalties is still on the books. Once more I will noted that I believe that young adults will find it cheaper to pay a fine than the premium. 

There have been many news media articles on the potential rise in premiums, or  the degradation of coverage to so called "bronze" policies which will offer minimal partial coverage (high co-pays and limitations on services). Already those that bought long term care insurance without a fixed life time premium have found that there has been an increase ranging form 25% to 145%.

The other news today that we will have to watch as it unfolds is the political/revolutionary crisis in Egypt. Already there has been a 15% increase in oil prices and it will go up. The added unrest in Turkey and Egypt to the overall turmoil in the Near East is bound to be bad for our economy.

AS noted the SCOTUS &SEX  series will be on hiatus till free space next week. If stuff warrants  I will post over the next few days. Have a safe 4th.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment