Saturday, February 9, 2013

SPORTS??

Too much snow and no local news delivered Saturday to write a new post. In order not to have an absent posting and since I wonder how many saw last Tuesday's Courier I am reproducing it today.?

It was not the story about Connolly that caught my eye but the upper right corner reference to Senator Menendez. It seems that not only did he forget for two years to pay for trips on a private jet to the Dominican Republic  but there have been allegations of underage prostitutes. 

Apparently the paper considers that a sporting activity hence the reference  to "sports"? See small print upper right in box.

5 comments:

  1. well... fraud and illegal activities are the sport of most politicians in NJ so it's actually an accurate placement lol.. per the prostitutes we'll see what we see in the end.
    The flights... typical...
    as long as it's not a dead prostitute or live boy as they say right ?? He's got no need to worry they'll vote him back in just like Wayne Bryant ( I'm corrupt because you voted me in and gave me an opportunity to be so it's you, the voters fault ). The magic letter D in NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Connelly story is the top attraction. It's about time this guy got convicted sfter all the damage he did in Plainfield!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked very hard for our mayor and others to notice Connolly, since I had to live in one of his slums. If it wasn't for Jerry Green forcing Sharon to take action, he might still be ruining peoples lives. I think his story needs attention, since our petition to Assemblyman Green got the ball rolling. Sharon ignored letters, emails, and office visits from many of Connolly's tenants until she was forced to take action in an election year.

    Bob Bolmer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon - inefficient, clueless, and inept? Say it isn't so!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5:39PM: Even if it were so;what does that have to do with Menendez and "sport" ? Or even Connolly who was only an accidental intruder in the story.
    Believe me , the Mayor is not inept, nor clueless. She has done her act well over 7 years and I am sure it has been worthwhile; although maybe not to advocates of good government.

    ReplyDelete