Friday, February 1, 2013

MONDAY'S AGENDA

A first look at Monday's agenda shows only 11 resolutions for consideration suggesting a brief meeting. However I will hope to review the background data before commenting on the resolutions. Four or extensions of existing insurance plans.If memory serves me right this was before the Council in December and the question of why they were not let for bids was "temporarily" bypassed as these were existing contracts and had to be supported by a resolution to pay in 2013 until there expiration when the renewals would be subject to lowest bidder .

However the wording of the resolutions is "extension". I interpreted that to be a new contract that was not subject to resolutions passed  last year. AS I said I will have to read the support documentation and will get back Sunday.

It is the discussion items  and unfinished business. Council President Rivers is to be congratulated for having PMUA Executive Director Williamson to appear to "address concerns of the Council. She also has requested a followup discussion of the Youth Baseball League Matters. Additionally there will be discussion regarding t he 2013 4th of July celebration.

Those three items could result in a long but interesting meeting. Should be worth attending. 

2 comments:

  1. ok... here's the rundown of the meeting...
    1) PMUA : You're a bad organization that's choking the taxpayers of this community --- keep doing what your doing
    2) Baseball League: You're a good organization for this city and we'll make your life living hell
    3) 4th of July: Shock, horror, disgust, demands for something to be done, acceptance ( hey...what can we do right??? ), NEXT MEETING
    ..
    I know, crazy right!?!?!? The meeting hasn't even happened and you've just gotten a run down of the meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe Black Field is now the $200,000 boondoggle. A brief review: $71,432 for facility upgrades presented as a not to exceed amount early last year. $29,250 to Remington & Vernick. And now another $96,050. Total $196,732. It's just money folks, just money. I propose we call it Sharon's Kitchen and Mess, or SKAM.

    Oh, I almost forgot Brown & Brown Metro and Reliance, the insurance consulting duo. Yes indeed. Martin Statfeld and the Taffets, bankrolling the best representatives in municipal government between the Green and Cedar brooks.

    Cha-ching.

    ReplyDelete