Thursday, December 13, 2012

THE CONCERT

A dentist appointment-ouch- this am and an overhang from the 12/12-13/12 concert means no words of wisdom this morning.

Most of last night was a return to my son's music which I never understood. Could not  make out the words then and most of last night's songs were worse. Rappers plus the psychedelic light effects spoiled the evening for me.

On the other hand THE WHO, Billy Joel , Springsteen and Bon Jovi were great. The Rolling Stones once  song was a caricature of their place in music history. I think I did hear Paul McCartney at the end.

Oh for a return of the Big Band era1 Also the Goodman Quartet.

PLUG: By the way in 2010 Norton Records released a 33rpm album by the Cobra Seas recorded in 1966 at the Anderson School. The lead guitarist of this student group was James Williamson;Hall of the Famous member of the Stooges. The rhythm guitarist was my son who later went into
 medicine but still plays a guitar 

No comments:

Post a Comment