Friday, February 25, 2011

POTPOURRI FOR NOW

Locally the hot issue is once again the "Monarch". The Developer has violated most of the Contract he signed tn his obtaining title to the property. The City should take all legal action  now, there is no room  for negotiation. A request to temporarily turn some units into rentals would have been approved by Council because of today's economy. But to flaunt such action in the  citizens  face requires immediate and drastic action.

I raised the  COO question yesterday.  How can an apartment in a building that does not have a COO or pay property taxes qualify to receive a unit COO? The  head of the Building Division must answer. The action must be illegal and the city must seek an injunction against occupancy, until  it can be  legalized. I would deem any city official who sanctioned  occupancy in these units to have  broken the law and may be so treated.

Still working on my "essay"  broadly discussing  today's society's social-economic diversity; the various needs and attitudes toward employment, retirement, and heatlth care, etc. This will include an opine on the Civil Workers rights as being manifested in Wisconsin,Indiana, and here in New Jersey. I may hold off posting till  Monday.

Red Face Corner: Too often in  m y typing "the" becomes "tghe". That is due to the fact that a combination of my clumsy fingers and the QWERTY keyboard the "G" is included in hiting  "T" or "H. Also I noted in a comment that I sent to Councilor Storch's blog I had a vanishing "t" hus  "too" and "to"  appeared a "oo" and "o".  The T was there when I sent it (10:20 and it was on the (t)hus)

7 comments:

  1. 'Still working on my "essay" broadly discussing today's society's social-economic diversity;...'
    Planning on running for office? Just remember what John Maynard Keynes, the greatest capitalist of the 20th century, said: 'the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.'
    Its meaning extends beyond economics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nat, I am glorifying it with the term"Essay". It certainly is not a "dissertation" but rather a flight of disjointed semi-related
    ideas.
    As to running for office; I could consider it but might get elected and then would be committed. The only two elected offices this year are 2nd Ward Councilman. Much a I think JG would like to see Storch defeated I don't think he would support this ex-Regan Republican (not on religious views).

    As to the BOE; It has been 40 years since my youngest graduated from High School and I would be lost to understand the BOE Linqua that I see in "print"

    I never lost an election (usually I had reluctantly accepted the candidacy since no one else wanted to run). When I was electd President of the Medical Staff some 40 years ago it was by one vote, the oppostion felt I was too old. I was unanimously reelected twice -the limit number of terms.

    Would you like to be my Campaign Manager?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nat, I forgot to mention my fears that I might be considered "overqualified" for the available offices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any city administrator who authorized the COO for rental units designated to be sold should be disciplined or fired. Maybe we should take the lost tax money from our mayor who has gotten much richer since she became mayor and has started purchasing property she knows will increase in value. Or so I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No unit, sales or rentals, may be occupied without the proper CO's in place. Not only do they need the CO, they also need final inspections of the fire suppression sprinklers and the elevator from the state DCA. Do they have either one of these yet? I can only hope so. The fines can be severe if not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon 4:46, All those must be complies with and I wouldpresume that the building inspector has done so and the sprinklers and elevator was suppose dto have passed inspection before the first cond owner took possesion. The Senior Center received approval for occupancy without a COO under some convenient legal interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's not forget that the big development in the middle of town (managed by the county agency), has YET to get its CO.

    Because they don't have an official CO, they don't have to pay the taxes they owe to the city.

    Why isn't the city chasing/suing, demanding of the county for the "completion" and official CO for these currently occupied retail spaces? Why isn't the city going after the money they are owed? Oh, right, Charlotte has her fingers in the pie, can't make the big boss mad.

    Convienent, eh? Guess it's all about who you are, who you are politically connected to when it comes to code enforcement.

    God forbid some poor middle-class citizen tries to sell their house -- inspections is all over them. Meanwhile, the politically connected (ie paying into political campaigns) get a free ticket to do what they want.

    When are citizens going to stand up and demand things change? All the politicians ran and got elected on change -- where is the change???

    ReplyDelete