My intention was to amplify on some of the statements in yesterday's blog which others have felt a need to defend although none were intended to be an attack on an individual or any specific program. They were just used as examples where we must look to judicious spending of funds. I do take umbrage at the few terms that I have seen posted on The BOE/Teachers contracts which calls for raises when I as a Senior am receiving no COLA in my social security, my savings dollar has less purchasing value, and my basic costs are rising.
I am trying to find some specific data which with my limited computer ability I have difficult separating the gold nuggets from the fools gold.
Before I forget, the Public Works Department should be congratulate for their prompt attention to the artillery target range that was a specific section of Cushing Road. What was a hazard and a serious accident waiting t o happen is now as safe area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are saying that we should go back to the way it was with Wilson and FDR . . . the Tea Party is a danger to the country, so we should round up them and their children and place them in internment camps?
ReplyDeleteWhat about the teachings of Sanger and Teddy Roosevelt, eugenics?
President Woodrow Wilson signed New Jersey’s sterilization law, and one of his deputies descended to greater fame as a Nazi collaborator at Buchenwald.
Pennsylvania’s legislature passed an "Act for the Prevention of Idiocy," but the governor vetoed it, saying the state may as well start chopping off heads. Other states, however, joined the crusade.
And again, eugenics attracted the support of prominent Americans. Progressive Theodore Roosevelt summed up eugenicist theory: "Society has no business to permit degenerates to reproduce." Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote the famous opinion upholding Virginia’s decision to sterilize a woman named Carrie Buck: "Three generations of imbeciles," he averred, "are enough."
Other supporters were Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger, and in Britain, Winston Churchill and Major Leonard Darwin, son of Charles, postulator of evolution. Britain originated the idea of "lethal chambers" for its "unfit."
Eventually, the eugenicist virus found a hospitable host in Germany. There, Black concludes, it led to the death chambers of Buchenwald and Auschwitz.
Thanks to the Nazis, highly praised by progressives here, the movement eventually collapsed. But not before nearly 50,000 Americans were sterilized!
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
I am for a government rigorously frugal and simple. Were we directed from Washington when to sow, when to reap, we should soon want bread.
I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.
Blackdog, you have lost me.I never made any of the statements you allege that I wrote or inferred.
ReplyDeleteOf course "managed eugenics" is a no no. The Nazis practiced it to the extreme horror that it became. I don't think the Nazis were praised by "progressives" or big government Liberals but by those such as Henry Ford who were notorious for their bigotry.
What I am saying is that the Democratic Progressive Party of the 1920s to the present, have posed a greater threat to life and liberty in this country than the Tea Party! It is as much what they have done as what they have said!
ReplyDeleteAnd as far as Henry Ford being a bigot...don't you remember George Washington Carver and Henry Fords joint venture?
Like Carver, Ford was deeply interested in the regenerative properties of soil and the potential of alternative crops such as peanuts and soybeans to produce plastics, paint, fuel and other products. Ford had long believed that the world would eventually need a substitute for gasoline, and supported the production of ethanol (or grain alcohol) as an alternative fuel. In 1942, he would showcase a car with a lightweight plastic body made from soybeans. Ford and Carver began corresponding via letter in 1934, and their mutual admiration deepened after Carver made a visit to Michigan in 1937. As Douglas Brinkley writes in "Wheels for the World," his history of Ford, the automaker donated generously to the Tuskegee Institute, helping finance Carver's experiments, and Carver in turn spent a period of time helping to oversee crops at the Ford plantation in Ways, Georgia.
So much history is forgotten . . . or should I say selectively overlooked?
What on earth is "Blackdog" raving about this time?
ReplyDeleteBlasckdog, Have you ever read Henry Ford's newspaper;The Dearborn Independent" which he published until 1927.He published antisemitic articles including the infamous "Protocols of Zion" as well as anti-immigrant articles under his by-line.
ReplyDelete