Friday, February 11, 2011

OLD EGYPT

Welcome to Egypt
The so far relatively bloodless revolution in Egypt led me to try to dig up pictures taken almost 40 years ago shortly after the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel, That will be in a future post.

The quality of the pictures is poor and they have only been superficially processed. Several years ago I had saved all my slides on a hard drive as well as on some CDs. When I tries to access that external hard drive Windows would not recognize it and crashed. Ultimately Windows decided to scan the drive and correct errors . That as fine but it wiped out many pictures including all related to Cairo. The first CD disc also caused the computer to crash but I found two that Windows and one of my photo programs accepted. So here are five.The Central Bus Station at the site of the demonstrations

This slide had so deteriorated that it could only be salvaged in Black and white
This is part of the square where this week's demonstrations were taking place.

Tourist transport near the great pyramid



A barber shop Port Said

By the way Camels have bad halitosis and also like to bite.

2 comments:

  1. I just don't understand what all the celebration is about. On the surface a dictator has been ousted, from a middle eastern country, and replaced by a military junta. Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete