Wednesday, May 19, 2010
WEEPY WEDNESDAY it is NOT
After banishing two obnoxious cats to Siberia (the hall outside my closed door) at 5 AM I managed several hours of undisturbed sleep. That of course spared you from an early morning blog.
By skipping last night's BOE meeting I was able to start a new book, double task and watch the METS blow another game,and grab material off the Internet. A profitable evening indeed.
Former Plainfielder Rita and the late Al Goldstein's granddaughter Sarah is in Brazil on a University related junket. I believe her interests run in municipality planning and would be interested in summer employment in a related field (free plug).
Rita sent me some pictures from an email she had received that with permission I would share with you. There are enough for several groupings. The title are mine. The site is Sao Paulo, either Brazil's largest city or #2 at worst.
Like all large cities there are areas which the PR people do not promote. The poorer and slum sections may or may not be the site of crime etc., and many years ago Sao Paula had the reputation of being a dangerous city especially for foreigners who work in the commercial capital of Brazil. These photos came from a low income area, but not shanty town. The capitations are mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment