Monday, May 17, 2010

PLAINFIELD BOGGER'S ROLES

Yes the 2nd/3rd ward seat race for the Democratic ticket slot is heating up. All three candidates have blog sites to pitch their"merits.

I have said that I intend to be apolitical in my blog. I may sound slanted in some of the remarks that I will post , if so so be it. Despite what some of my "admirers" at times write me, the only negativity that will appear will be about postings that I feel are not in good taste.

As a table setter; I would suggest that all who read Plainfield blogs spend time on three sites, of course besides mine: Plaintalker II, M aria's Blog, and CLIPS.

Dan Damon's CLIPS is a great service for Plainfielders. He supplies easy links to every blog relating to our city, including those that are purely politically driven.There are also links to various news items and the various publications as well as other of interest blogs.

Plaintalker II the updated version of Plainfield Plaintalker is the one post that is FACTS not rumors or opinions. Bernice continues to be the consummate reporter. If there appears in her column anything derogatory about any one in political' believe it, they have earned it.

Maria's Blog is a dedication to inform the public how and where the BOE or PSS has strayed. She backs up everything with the official documents. Although she started out to assure that her son received top notch education, she quickly shifted her cause to the entire student population.

There is a fourth blog that also is a must read (besides mine) and that is Dan Damon's "Plainfield Today" Dan prints and finds and prints more news and/or dirt about Plainfield and the County than any of us could imagine. He certainly and justifiably so,not made himself popular with the political and lay leadership of our community by his exposures. He would be the greatest Internet asset to our city except for one ?little? thing. As a founding member and political activist for the Plainfield New Democrats he will tend to use this one blog as an active campaign vehicle.

Unfortunately Monday's attack on Councilor Burney is off base. The fence in question is at the rear of the property on the Kensington Ave side. It is not out of character with the neighborhood extending north to Putnam. The Burney's are as entitled to privacy on their own property as every one of us are as home owners.

The Burney's for whatever was their reason should be complimented for restoring a decaying very historical building to an asset in the community. The vista from Watchung Ave and on Kensington to beyond the rear of the house is outstanding.

I am afraid that Dan has chosen to make a negative political issue out of something that using common sense should be ignored.

2 comments:

  1. I can agree regarding the fence. I am far from someone who gives anyone in office a free pass, earned or not. But, he doesn't own one of the blatant code violating slum dwellings littering Plainfield. Unfortunately historic districts are known for distinguishing items from a distance and causing heartache and financial pain over something that takes a skilled craftsman and a microscope to see. Olive Lynch is a perfect example of a zoning board having NOTHING better to do but going after someone who cared and tried while to people with living nightmares for houses could practically set up an outhouse in their front yard and no one would comment on it. Dan does serve an immense purpose though as he sometimes will say won't no one else will. And since it's his Blog, he gets a pass from me no matter how "little" that news was, in reality.
    And..so you can feel good..Love your Blog as well as Dan's,Maria's and Bernice's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many typos slipped through and I have tried to correct some. Sorry

    ReplyDelete