Friday, May 28, 2010

JERRY GREEN AND WANNABEES

To my readers, you need not read this but I felt obligated to write this blog since I do not like my motivation being falsely challenged.

I hope that our Assemblyman does not consider me to be a Wannabee. I can assure him that I have never held any envy of anybody in Plainfield or even in this country. Sure I might have wanted a couple of million dollars more than I have, or had earned the reprehensible income that seem to be common among upper level executives today. However, I have lived the life I wanted. I was married to a wonderful woman who adopted my family. Her greatest fault was that she became a better bridge player than I.

Jerry, I think my patients respected me. At least almost all felt free to confide in me even in matters that were not related to their medical problems. To many I was their friend not a body in a white coat, and it was not because they thought that they could get personal favors.

My colleagues knew that I was working in their interest in any position I held as a leader of the Muhlenberg Medical Staff, as Chairman of the Medical Society of New Jersey Hospital Medical Staff Section, as Medical Director of the Central New Jersey Independent Practitioners Association. It is now 20 years since I retired from the Hospital and on the now rare occasions I meet any old patient or physician, I am warmly greeted.

As President of the Plainfield Lions Club our membership reached over 120 Plainfielders. We raised more money for our Blind Funds, Camp Lion for the Boy Scouts, during my watch. Eleanor Roosevelt while visiting Plainfield stop in to say hello at one of weekly our dinner meetings. No Jerry, I didn't do it by myself, I had a great group of dedicated committee chairmen who were deeply interested in Plainfield. But, they worked for me as well as the club.

The day I unexpectedly prematurely assumed the Presidency of the Plainfield Jewish Community Center the executive director resigned.It was not on account of me but for other personal matters. Once again I had one of the greatest boards any organization president could wish for. This board helped run the Center for six months while we searched for someone who was not a worn out hack. My two years as president were golden years for an agency that was dying because of shift in population. The center remained in Plainfield another 10 years.

I could go on but you might misconstrue it as boasting. So, of what should I be a Wannabee?
A chairman of a local political party? A member of the City Government? Perhaps, I did permit my name to be included among the three presented to the Council to fill a interim vacancy. Fortunately the Council picked a much more qualified individual. So politics is not my Wannabee.

Yes. I do have a Wannabee; that is for Plainfield to be as an ideal place for people to live that it was from my childhood until after the riots . Unfortunately in the last 20 years it has regressed into a level that has become the laughimg stock of the state. For the past few decades it has been a town outsiders are afraid to visit.

The States financial problems is not Governor Christie 's fault. Except for a brief period under Governors Whitman and Kean, the Sate has been controlled by the Democrats and much of that time you have been Assemblyman. And, yoiu complain that Governor Christie is not giving us money that the State doesn't have.

It was not Christie that took away our Hospital,but your Governor Corzine. Don't blame Plainfield's financial problems on Christe. For the past 20 years there has been innovative financial policies without accounting. What happened to the 9 million dollars received from the sale of Plainfield's Sewer authority? It did not go into the infrastructure, look at our roads. Where are the financial officers that we are required by state to have. No one in Trenton questioned until this Christie year.

As the leader of the Plainfield Democratic Committee, you could have been a force for good government in Plainfield. Do you honestly believe that you have done so or always acted in the city's best interests? You don't need to reply.

2 comments:

  1. Doc,

    When I told Rashid and Don and Jerry Green that I wanted to run a clean campaign, I meant it. And they said they would, too. I guess Rashid and Jerry didn't mean it. I don't have a city council record for them to analyze--all I have is the community work I have done and my career as an educator. I guess Jerry Green has forgotten that he asked me to be his "point person" on education for the state, given my proximity to State Assembly Speaker Sheila Y. Oliver. As someone who supposedly cares about education, Jerry sure loves to attack teachers!

    For the record, I need to post the following for your readers who have an interest in this election:

    1) Jerry Green still doesn't mention Don, which is strange, since Don has a voting record and is also Rashid's opponent;

    2) Jerry is still saying that Dr.Inez Durham is my campaign manager--which she is not: Inez, along with the esteemed and distinguished Donald Van Blake and Dorothy Henry, serving as a campaign chair, and I am proud to have the support of all three, in addition to all the senior citizens I know in this town whom I have taught and with whom I have remained friends;

    3) Jerry, along with Rashid and their mutual cronies, is also now saying that Cory is "afraid" of me, which is ridiculous--just ask our many mutual friends about this--it is cowardly to allow Jerry to drag my character through the mud just to try to win this election.

    Finally, when I called Jerry to ask him why he was promoting these lies, HE WOULDN'T TAKE MY CALL. i have said it before: it's a question of character.

    All best,

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any person who wants the endorsement from a State Assemblyman who "calls people names" should seriously rethink their foray into politics. Why I wouldn't want Jerry giving me a recommendation:
    1) Sharon Robinson Briggs ( nuff said)
    2) Simply look at Plainfield...for someone who claims he is the third most powerful person in the State Assembly I guess we have to thank the good Lord above he isn't the 4th most powerful person in the State Assembly
    3) His vision of Plainfield has been and always will be that we can strive for nothing better than being Union County's dumping ground begging for scraps at the table
    --- I may not agree with Rebecca on a few things and I may like some of the things Rashid has done in office, but getting involved in a group hug with Jerry and Mayor Sharon...that my friend speaks volumes as to why you wouldn't want to have Rashid in office. The worst part is that Rashid IS A BUSINESSMAN and successful at that. There is NO WAY he can even fool himself to think the shenanigans of Jerry Green and Sharon would be tolerated for a moment in the world of business. These 2 hold political office because they can't behave the way they do in the "real world". Although I think voting for Rebecca is the SMART thing to do, we all know the voters in Plainfield will simply walk into the booth and ask Jerry who they should vote for. I am not sure what's worse...being stupid enough as a voter to think that what Jerry says matters..or being Jerry and knowing that the people who do what I say are truly that ignorant. King of Fools as they say...
    Good Luck Rebecca..I give you credit for having the stomach to attack those windmills..and Rashid..again, I shake my head in astonishment that you would cozy up to Jerry and Sharon.

    ReplyDelete