Tuesday, May 4, 2010

MEMO

The Council meeting lasted until 12:20 AM. Don't anticipate any reports before noon .

According to the CN online story the BOE special meeting was in reference of Gallon. No he did not resign. But the lame duck board instead minimized action directed against Gallon for his role in the inappropriate hirings. The punishment did not fit the crime. However the new board may feel that they no longer have the opportunity to act. I believe that legally they do but we must be given the contents of the reported letter of reprimand. This can not be hidden by executive privilege.

More later.

10 AM :Note, the BOE story is not in my print edition.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the new Board can do something but I'm not sure what. A lot depends on what Gallon's contract spells out and what the law says. There was someone from the School Boards Association at the executive session so I suspect that the action the Board took was legit. But alas, not strong enough. Tonight's reorganization meeting should be interesting--let's see how much things have changed (if they have changed at all).

    ReplyDelete