Three meetings tonight at the Emerson School, Two should result in some definitive action that must be taken, the third at 6PM is really a joint public work session between the City Council and the BOE on the rejected budget.
Since a State representative from the DOE is supposed to attend I would hope the legal question as to the Council's lack of ability to lower the bottom line will be answered. I can not conceive that the law prevents the public's desires to be ignored.
Both the 5:30 BOE Emergency Executive Committee meeting and the 5:45 PM Emergency Business meeting must have to do with the Superintendent's arrest on Tuesday. At this point the only action that is possible is suspension with pay. The problem lies in the fact that the Assistant Superintendent is under Court order to vacate her job. Therefor, with the suspension someone will have to be appointed as "Acting Superintendent".
I would hope that Gallon's misconduct relating to the employing of the three from Florida will result in action at the regular business meeting. Despite the real threat of prolong legal action he can be terminated for cause, conditions are spelled out in his contract, without any severance pay.
Back to the $250+K "owed" to Dornoch. Thanks to Bernice's multiple blogs today there is the following statement which reflects what I believe we all were informed:
"The city’s first project under the mayor’s administration, Dornoch Holdings’s 63 condos combined with a new senior center, is being funded privately and did not go through the redevelopment process. The city turned over the land to Dornoch for $1 and developer Glen Fishman is financing the $15 million project, building the new senior center at no cost to the city. Dornoch was given conditional designation to do the project in August 2006 and broke ground last month. Officials last night said those in the closed meeting called the process the fastest in New Jersey. Dornoch did not seek any tax concessions and construction is slated to be completed by early 2008".(Plainfield Plaintalker 8/3/07)
I know the completion date was granted several extensions, but I do not think the last one was met.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment