Thursday, May 13, 2010

READER'S COMMENTS

As a result of the passions resulting from the recent turmoil in this land of OZ due to the regrettable mess created by the BOE/PSS and by the Administration's handling of the youth baseball situation, as well as the city's financial welfare (Leaving the post of Director of Finances and CFO, and signing financial agreements with developers and the state with out Council approval) any blogs on the subject have produced a spate of vicious comments which individuals who like to throw stones hide behind the wall of anonymity.

I for one will not post any that are anonymous and derogatory or malicious. I do not have to defend my positions or annotate my community involvement which is something that an anonymous person shirks away from.

On the other hand I will post any comment even anonymous ones that are meaningful, well thought out, that make a pertinent point, and resist the urge to be personally malevolent. In fact I welcome all comments beeing aware that there are at least two sides to every story.

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps you need to look at what you write to incite such comments.

    You have been very judgmental of late and it is not always factually based. When you put information out there in the universe be careful of what is projected as you may not be quick enough to duck the responses YOU yourself have triggered.

    No one likes to be disrespected and obviously you concur with that sentiment otherwise you would not have found it necessary to post your latest blog.

    Whether someone post anonymously are not -- you read it and it was more than likely just for you anyway.

    What reap what we sow.

    Sow frutifully and reap the rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have removed my comment not due to content but there were too many typo
    errors. I will post a corrected version shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3:55PM Anon, Thank you. I agree that I have been "very judgmental" of late especially in the BOE. However when I have posted something that was not factual but hearsay I believe I have always qualified it so that the reader might be aware that I could be wrong on the "facts".

    I can not back down being judgmental on the BOE's member's action Friday night nor the ethics of their attorney,if he was the one who by email warned them of the threat of legal consequences. After all the loss of his position was on the agenda.

    I have written enough about what I consider their obligations they assumed when elected. Also that by not taking any punitive action at a legal meeting could not expose them to a legitimate suit. If I am wrong about this please advise.

    No one has answered my question if the Board has insurance to protect them as individuals against wrongful suit.

    ReplyDelete