Wednesday, May 12, 2010

.PRO TEMPORE

I was too tired to go to the BOE meeting last night and was afraid that the BOE would stay in closed sessions, as is its want, way beyond 8PM. I was right in my fears so I can post no opinion as to the Board's business until I also read it from the media or other bloggers.

Mean while some trivia: There are over 800 different languages spoken by residents of NYC. (NY Times 4/29/10)

For the first time in the history of the NY subways the dead man’s lever was activated to stop a train (NY Times 4-29). The train was just leaving a station in Queens when the operator suffered a fatal heart attack. His loss of pressure on the lever activated the emergency brakes.

It is estimated that world wide some 300 million golf balls are lost every year.
There is a booming business in retrieving balls from lakes woods etc. and processing them for resale. the performance of those that have been in water for a period of time may be compromised.
Biodegradable soluble golf balls are used on cruise ships.
A Tronpto company sells 20 million golf balls this year for about $20.00 a dozen

A sonar search of Loch Ness last year looking for the mon ster discovered more than 100,000.00 golf balls.

Arn't you happier that you have this important knowledge?

No comments:

Post a Comment