I hope you find these of interest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Monday, April 19, 2010
Varsity film
I had recently posted a series about "Operation Varsity" the airborne crossing of the Rhine and the beginning of the end of the war in Europe. My son found this Video on U-tube which might be of interest. It apparently was created from photos of one the glider pilot units that flew the CG4As. Some of the pictures must be from training, but many are from actual scenes of the landing area and combat. The glider pilots mission after landing (if alive) was to firm a combat infantry unit to defend a specific cross roads. They not only did that but without anti-tank cannons destroyed some German armor and stopped a dangerous counter attack. Be sure to read the commentary under the opening frame.
I hope you find these of interest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6fO4Jkp3g&feature=related
I hope you find these of interest. http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment