Mark Spivey's beer column in today's Courier explains why we missed him at the Council and I am sure BOE meeting. For reports on these two meetings we will just have to rely on our bloggers and the clip from 101.5FM Gallon interview. Links are on both Planfield Today, and Maria's blog.
This years Reds team is supposed to be one of the bests since the era of the "Big Red Machines". There was a time when traditionally the sole opening game of the season was in Cincinnati.
Since I have learned that we are limited by law to only the two forms of BOE, there may be no short term future for Plainfield's public schools. The only salvation is a complete cleansing of both the BOE and The PSS hierarchy. That would have to be done by the State. Perhaps the caliber of the Christie administration would make such action less traumatic and constructive.
We can then elect a new Board whose members know what their fiduciary responsibility is and will act accordingly.
Democracy and self determination as to how we structure the mechanism for educating our kids apparently is non existence and we are in a government controlled society. Let us hope that Health Care does not sink to that level. However I feel even that portion of our lives is now beyond our will.
One of the reasons I have not attended BOE meetings is illustrated by the comedy of last nights meeting. From reports Dr. Gallon's comments reinforce my impressions of a malaproptist pseudo-erudite con artist radio character in the most popular depression radio show.
Briefly, the Council Committee reports are an important element of the Agenda setting Session. They require no action, however they an be very informative of what direction the Council wishes to take. Of utmost value have been Councilor Mapp's reports. Some of the other's have been at best sketchy.
Councilors Reid's questioning about whether any other companies were queried about the demolition of the North Ave building points out a habit of previous and I assume this administration's policy of awarding emergency contracts without bidding or searching for alternatives to specific local based entities. I am all in favor of the work staying locally if possible but if one company can be contacted on the phone would it not behoove contacting several others within a short time interval and determine if taxpayer's monies could be saved?
With that overly convoluted sentence I conclude this blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment