Friday, April 30, 2010

READ JERRY'S PAGE TODAY

I thank you, Assemblyman Green, for your prompt response in your “blog” to the request that I posed this morning in my own blog.

Understandably, much communication among political leadership in Trenton as in Washington is done on an informal verbal basis. Thus if you have no written or email memos, I cannot expect you to share your correspondence.

I need not reach out to the President of the Plainfield Teacher’s Association for confirmation that you have been I in contact with the influential State and County personnel regarding the ongoing BOE/PSS fiasco and the impact on Plainfield’s students as well as tax payers. We have your word for it.

Since I consider a recallable document as a powerful mechanism, perhaps you would so communicate to the Commissioner of Education in order that he might give proper weight to our concerns.

I do agree with you that as an elected official it would be improper to share personal comments with the public. Thus I am only interested in your actions as our elected representative to the Assembly.

I would hate to have this mess suffer the same fate as happened with Muhlenberg where the then Commissioner of Health and Human Services accorded the city an only a cursory review, never taking into account the economic and health cost to the Plainfield area.

I have previously noted that Citizen Jerry Green has the same right that each of us has to donate personal funds to any candidate. I agree that it is unfortunate, but of course understandable, that when an acknowledged political leader such as the chairperson of the local committee supports a candidate that people tend to interpret that to be a manifestation of political support.

3 comments:

  1. I read Jerry Green's blog and was surprised by this statement: "I was happy today to see while reading Doc’s blog that residents are all in favor of something being done to resolve this issue with the Board of Education."

    Is he telling us that only today, after reading your blog, did he realize that the residents of Plainfield actually want something done? What rock has he been hiding under?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be real NICE if the Commissioner of Education responded publicly regarding the "mess" that seems to have no end in Plainfield regarding an out of touch Board of Education. I think it's great that Jerry Green has stepped up to the plate on this issue before it's over. I will be the first to give him props if he manages to get the hammer swung hard onto Plainfield by the state. And if nothing happens..even I can acknowledge an upfront effort even if results aren't achieved. Like a report card at school..there is always a slot worthy of checking off --- " EFFORT ". Thank you Mr.Green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not optimistic about the state taking action, even with Assemblyman Green trying to get them to do something. That's nothing new. He's been trying for sometime and Trenton has not responded. And things have gotten worse. I hope the new Board will begin to straighten things out.

    ReplyDelete