Good intentions evaporate in 80% sunshine Coupled with a delightful Tuesday evening "free" concert in the Westfield Town Hall by a 17 member band of old and not so old musicians plus both a male and female vocalist recreating live and loud the Big Band music of Glenn Miller, Count Bassi , Duke Ellington among others, there is little time and incentive to blog about Plainfield's multiple problems.
This brought back the pre-war days of listening on the radio at night to Glen Gray's Casa Loma band from the Meadow Brook, Benny Goodman, The Dorsey's, and others while "studying".
Moreover, since someone already had dibs on my computer chair. I was not going to suffer from guilt feelings.
I love the Westfield Jazz nights in the summertime! I wish Plainfield had something like that going on, but I'm not sure how well it would work out.
ReplyDeleteYour cat is beautiful.
I agree with Jackie about your cat, or in true cat terms, the cat, we never truly own a cat!
ReplyDeleteThe musical break sounds like it was a great get away.
Doc, my wifes cousin plays in the band. They play the last Thursday of every month at Crossroads in Garwood, starting at 7:30.
ReplyDelete