The postings of fellow bloggers on Wednesday offered potpourri subjects for comment.
Plainfield Today commented on the character differences found in various Jerry Green's Page. Aside from the postings that are press releases, the syntax from the early post to the recent one suggest a change in surrogate writers. DG?.
I do appreciate JG giving me credit in a recent post, and also the verbatim use of a common phrase which I had myself used in a recent posting about Plainfield's finances(i&t).
Plianfield Plaintalker reproduced a google travel map to illustrate Public Safety Director Hellwig's route between his home and Plainfield. I might offer two easier "short cuts" which cut down on mileage and although using "back roads" are less stressful driving. During the 90s I would drive twice a week to CoMed in Denville near the Dover border. My favorite route was up Hillcrest Road etc, to Myersville and then New Vernon Rd through the Great Swamp to New Vernon turning right to James St and the on to 287 past Morristown. A pleasant drive.
An alternate route after 24 was opened was up Diamond Hill Road turning at Chubbs to go past the Bell Labs then up Maple Street and to River Road past Ciba entering 24 just before the Mall. Also an easier drive then the 78 east to 24 west hassle.
I am sure readers have other suggestions, but if the Director can cover any of the three routes in less than an hour he must be exceeding speed limits. We should hope that our public safety director is law abiding.
One other trivial item; the assumption has been made that he belongs to a one car family. Is that true?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Personally I think the Director has done a FINE job. Above and beyond. A new 'look' at things that I find refreshing. He's approachable and conscience.
ReplyDeleteAny concerns or problems we have had in my neighborhood have been addressed with expedience and professionalism.
As I have commented before on some of the blogs if the Director was given transportation as part of his compensation then so be it. He certainly deserves it.
To question whether Director Hellwig is breaking the law is just silly.
With all the pressing issues there MUST be something else that y'all can blog on.
How about those Tombs?
JIM SPEAR
Jim, Your comment appreciated. #1 I have never questioned Director Hellwig's professionalism. I feel that he is doing a good job in his dual role although I fear the political impact on the police with a newer civilian head of police.
ReplyDelete#2 My comments have been the IRS impact on the use of a car between home and work it is not tax deductible and if supplied must be reported as income. Daschle did no do that.
#3 The entire structure of Abul-Simmel was cut out of the limestone a rebuilt on top of the bluff, the interior remains intact. This was a temple not a tomb.Contiguous and adjacent is the Queens temple.
#4 As to the remark about breaking the law; Very few abide by the speed limit on 78, 287 &24. 80 has had stricter enforcement in the past.My remarks were really facetious not criticism.
ReplyDelete