Lately I and I suppose other Plainfield bloggers have been receiving comments that at best only superficially relate to the subject matter of the post they are referring to. Many of them consist of an anonymous personal attack upon another individual and seem to be motivated by Plainfield's political setup. I will not post any that are vituperative and/or politically oriented, nor will I post any so called comment that is not related to the particular blog or a very recent one.
I dislike the use of "Anonymous" and would prefer a "Nome d'email" '. Since that too can provide the writer anonymity but also denotes an individuality it makes the remarks more personal. Ideally any one making a comment on good faith should sign his/her name. There is no law that prevents the person from signing his name and " anonymous " should be reserved if there is a danger of repercussions.
There is a cardinal rule that a blog is not a newspaper and does not have to be an open forum for every malcontent who has an axe to grind. Those people should open their own blog and post whatever they wish within the limits of the site.
9:05 am 2/20/09 I wrote this post last night and had not read Plaintalker's short posting until just prior to this hour. There are at least two individuals ,one anonymous, who send the same comment to Plainfield Today, Plainfield Plaintalker, Maria's Blog , Councilors Storch and Burney's blogs and this one with the hope of getting exposure as a parasite. Sometimes we do give them space if there is merit. However if it is a political or personal attack such remarks belong to PMUA's garbage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment