There can be no substitute no matter how well it is configured that can replace the availability of a full service top notch hospital. Our political leadership must work relentlessly to find an entity that will reopen at least a 120 bed facility. We must face facts, Muhlenberg can not, nor will it ever be replaced. However Plainfield needs more than it has received.
That said, I am still transferring old slides to digital form. At present I am working on a volume of about 300 more slides from two visits to Egypt in 1973. One was part of a Smithsonian tour that not only spent time in Egypt but also included the Rose City of Petra in Jordan.Many have seen one of the significant sites in Petra as part of an Indiana Jones movie. I have not found those slides at this time. The other was a one day trip from Alexandria to Cairo and then to Port Said to rejoin the cruise ship.
Today before proceeding east of Suez, here are some snaps from the city of Suez which is at the south end, Red Sea, of the canal. The apartment house is not tilted, I think that was the photographer.



Hey Doc,
ReplyDeleteSince we're talking about money, I wanted to add a little more 'potpourri', if you will..
I was happy to read that the Plainfield Health Center received $644,000.. about twice the amount any other health org received in NJ. Ive been reading lately the negative spins that Dan Damon and others has been putting on the good work that the mayor and council president has done for the city. Let’s look at their efforts: Within the last 12 months, Plainfield’s received $17million in school construction dollars, and another $800,000 for the high school. Just these last few days, another $644,000 to help with the health crisis in the city. And I have YET to hear what Adrian Mapp and the New Democrats have done to usher in any, ANY revenue into our city. I guess with George W. back in Texas on his ranch, the only hope Mapp and his New Dem friends have is the chance their friend Chris Christie becomes governor. LOL!
PS, Dan, show me the money!!
A