Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mostly Pictures

Tuesday night's forceful speech by my -our-President reminded me of FDR taking control of the Bank crisis and the beginning of the New Deal. It will take some time to digest his words, but I feel that they are constructive. Let us hope that the politicians don't turn his plans into a grab bag.

Since I have no words of wisdom I am posting some special pictures taken about 50 years ago on an island hopping trip to the Caribbean Islands.

I had two spy cameras that took colored slides which were approximatyely 1/2 inch x 1/4 inch and mounted into holders that fit a 35mm slide projector. There has been some loss of color and some detail loss, but overall they are worth saving. On some I did special "tweaking". The first one is the waterfront at St Johns, Antigua. It has been treated to look like an oil panting. The next two are (lower) beach in Trinidad, and (top) an old sugar mill in Antigua.




















This last one is a street scene in St. Johns.


Councilor Mapp has written a comment to my Feb. 21 blog on the budget. He clarifies the questions that I raised about the budget process.


BERNICE NOTES CHANGE IN TONIGHT'S COUNCIL'S PUBLIC MEETING FROM WASHINGTON SCHOOL TO THE LIBRARY.

No comments:

Post a Comment