Friday, May 18, 2012

RANTS

Personal rants;
The driver who makes a left turn from the outer (curbside) lane.
The driver who jumps the light to make a left  turn before the light has turned green.
The driver who waits until after the light has changed to turn on his left turn signal.
The driver  who makes a right turn from the inner lane.
The driver who makes a U turn on Watchung Ave downtown.
The driver 3 cars back who sits on the horn because you can't move due to the car in front of you.
The driver who speeds straight through the intersection via the left turn  only lane.
The driver who cuts across 3 lanes on Rt.22
The truck driver who sits on your tail on the highway.
Where is the cop?
The non stop cell phone talker in the supermarket.
The loud cell phone talker in the restaurant.
The market that sells an item 2 for $5; 1 is $2.99. Especially when you can not use  two.
The market that sells an item  plus one free at the $5.00 price instead of 1 for $2.50.
The telemarketer that calls when you are on the John
The telemarketer that calls at dinner.
The telemarketer as well as the survey taker.
The anonymous who accuses me of bigotry.
The anonymous who believes my blog is the vehicle for a vicious attack on someone.
The anonymous who thinks any criticism of a public official is racist.
Twitter, who cares what you ate etc.
Facebook, see above.
Digital news media, a good newspaper is to be treasured and read.
The Network News  that have become shills for that networks programs..
The fascination with electronic records which can be compromised, destroyed , or  irretrievable as media changes.
The Democrats and the Republicans.

I am sure that I have missed many of yours.

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you on all of these Doc. Welcome to New Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doc,
    You have covered the list quite well. I see too many of the traffic incidents you've mentioned. Can't fight it so I move out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes you kinda wish you had a 007 car with rocket launchers, oil slick and smoke capabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad someone other than me finds the traffic violations are out-of-control. So many self-centered drivers. I never experienced this behavior 5 years ago. I was stopped for a red light on Woodland Ave and E 7th, right by the Maxon school.I awaited 'green'to go straight. The person BEHIND me drove into the oncoming lane, went around me,through the red light and made a right. That's a right on red, but going left first..around the car in front of you. Where are the cops? We'd have lots of legitimate traffic ticket revenue, and safer streets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10:27 I have that happen to me more than once.Sometime just as the light is changing to green.

    ReplyDelete