WARNING!! Do not read this blog. According to Councilwoman
Taylor’s remarks to me that unlike Bernice, I have no right to write or post a
blog because I am not and never was a journalist.
I don’t know how she developed such a criteria because at
that Council meeting-in September- she advised the people not to pay any
attention to the critical bloggers. How could she know the contents of the blogs
since she claimed that she never reads them?
I would assume that as a Councilor she considers it improper
for anyone to publicly express a critical opinion about any Councilors other than the “New
Democrats”.
However this past Monday’s meeting caused me to literally cringe
when I began thinking about next year’s Council especially with an arrogant opine
speech making Taylor as its President.
Unfortunately it must be evident that I have little respect
for a person who I feel lacks a sense of ethical moral honesty.
Taylor has objected to many of Mapp’s proposed appointees because
they did not live in Plainfield where they were going to work and should
contribute to the local economy. Among that contribution would be tax payments
either as a property owner or renter.
Did Taylor conform to that principle during the
last 16 years of her professional career when she work as a Principal in the Patterson
school system? Did she live there? Before that she work for 3 years in the Orange system.
Please note that according to the NJ Retirees Search her last
salary in her retirement year of 2012 was $120,634 and she now receives an
annual pension of $78,412.00. I do not know if that pension plan includes Health
Insurance but she would be eligible from her Council Position and also as a
veteran’s widow.
There should be no objection to that nice annual retirement
income. There may be more that I am unaware of. Some perhaps as a result of her
late husband’s pensions and VA benefits as a disabled war veteran. I believe
that there are income level ties to the extension of some of those benefits to
the surviving spouse.
As I wrote the other day one of the most justifiable benefits
by Congressional act and in NJ by State law is the 100% property tax abatement
accord to 100% disable veterans. The act was intended to reward and protect
those whose disability had a battle origin. Under political pressure it was
extended to include Vietnam veterans who were disable due to common aging disease
or malignancies supposed caused by exposure to Agent Orange.
By all laws Rick Taylor as a 100% disable veteran was
entitled to property tax exemption. In my mind should a veteran’s widow with an
income far above the mean resident’s income be entitled to continuation of that
benefit is debatable?
Under no circumstances can Gloria Taylor claim that she
contributes to this city’s economy yet she is critical of others who do not
live here. This is a double standard which unfortunately the majority of concerned
voters do not consider important. Hypocrite,yes; parasite, perhaps.
Once again it is a "don't do as I do, do as I say". I am above such dictums.
Once again it is a "don't do as I do, do as I say". I am above such dictums.
It is little more than two weeks to election; I have heard nothing
that would cause me to be believe that
there could be any change in our Council.
Mrs. Taylor is indeed a two-faced (double standard) person. She support Jerry, not Plainfield and that is obvious to anyone following City Council meetings. She is also a liar, as she promised to work with the new administration when appointed to fill Mapp's shoes. She hasn't done a very good job. Let's hope the 3rd Ward goes Republican this one time and there may be hope for the next four years. We thought there was hope for Plainfield in January, but our hopes have been crushed.
ReplyDeleteNot sure about Gloria's current situation with PMUA, but at one point she was about 2K overdue. How does that happen when you don't even owe property taxes?
ReplyDeleteShe may be paid up now, but the fact that she does not have the ethics to live up to her responsibilities disgusts me.
Well, third ward, you voted for her. Maybe you may want to think twice and vote Republican. Otherwise, don't apply for a job in any other city than Plainfield. Gloria wants you to have a job here which means taxes will go up. But, it doesn't affect her.
She is not obliged to pay property taxes (which is fine), but she doesn't pay her PMUA in a timely fashion. What other ethics does she not live up to?
Doc, Taylor's salary ,pension , taxes is none of your business.
ReplyDeleteSince it is our taxes that support the city's functions,it is every taxpayers business yo know who does or does not pay taxes. If a citizen has the financial resources that peron must also participate in the fundiung of the city. I have paid taxes for 68 years, and being retired I have to go in to my savings to do so now. If I run out by living too long for you yhrn I would lose my home.
DeleteHer pension is public source. I am not complainig about how much she gets but that it is of an amount that she should be treatred like every other property owner.
I'm curious--Gloria Taylor says she doesn't read the blogs (that's a quote) but attacks the bloggers for their statements anyway. Is someone reading them to her?
ReplyDeleteTo 1:01AM It most certainly is Doc's business, my business, and if you pay taxes or rent, your business. But obviously, you think money grows on trees. In reality it comes from those of us who are not subsidized by the government.
ReplyDeleteIn other words, Taylor's pension, and lack of payment of PMUA is my business because I am her boss. I pay her council salary, I paid into the pension she collects, and her lack of paying PMUA means we all have to make up for HER!