Thursday, October 23, 2014

PARASITE



We usual associate the word “Parasite” with a micro- organism that lives off or in another living organism. There is another connotation which applies to humans.  As defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary: “a person or thing that takes something from someone or something else and does not do anything to earn it or deserve it


The term entered English language in the mid-16th century: via Latin from Greek parasitos ‘(person) eating at another's table,’ from para- ‘alongside’ + sitos ‘food.”


The voters in Plainfield are going to continue to be saddled with a “parasite” as a result of this November’s election. That is unless there is a concerted attempt to remedy by having an overwhelming break in tradition  and in the 3rd Ward the righteous Democrats, Independents  come out and vote or the Republican candidate; Bullock.


This year the 3rd Ward Democrat Candidate is Gloria Taylor, who was Jerry Green’s selection to fill Mapp’s unexpired term?


Why is Taylor a parasite? It is not because according to the State’s records a Gloria Taylor who retired in 2012 from the Paterson Board of Education receives an annual pension of $78,412.00 based on a final Annual salary of $120,634.00


Additionally there is a Gloria Taylor (I presume the same person) who retired in 2012 receives a pension of $15,627.00 from the Newark Public Schools. That is a total annual income of over $94000.00 from the Teachers’ Pension and Annuity Fund.  Add another $5,023.00 from the Public Employees Retirement System and as Rick Taylor’s widow another $2239.00 from his time as Mayor we now have a known income from public records of over $100,000.00 a year.


That does not take into account the dollar value of her Health Care insurance benefits.


Since according to our laws all this sum is legally earned, that does not make Taylor a parasite. She earned it and if that is the total income she receives, it is one that all of us would be very happy with.


What makes Taylor a “Parasite” is that despite an income that is more than double the median for Plainfield she pays no property taxes

Under the law that property tax exemption is perfectly legal but perhaps not morally so. 

Should not those that enjoy all the benefits afforded under our Constitution and have the financial ability to pay their fair share do so? 

I believe that is a given, do you?


Taylor’s Tax free ride is the result of a law that enables total disable Vietnam Veterans to be property tax exempt on their homes.


Moreover, the law is so written that the widow of that disabled veteran is also protected by the continuation of the exemption.



This is a just law as it should be in cases where the widow does not have an income that would make her independent.


Please consider that according to “city data.com”  Plainfield’s estimated median household income in 2012: $51,701 (it was $46,683 in 2000). In New Jersey the median income is $69,667.00.

 
Gloria Taylor’s income is over $100,000.00 yet she is enjoying all the benefits of citizenship in Plainfield at yours and my expense. Legal yes, morally right no. That is what makes her a PARASITE.



Do we want a person to govern us who has no sense of morality? I believe not. The answer is for 3rd Ward voters to express their opinion at the polls.


In my next blog I will give a little background on that exemption and data on Diabetes.

23 comments:

  1. Doc, I am so disgusted with you. Who are you to name call by calling some one a parasite, grow up with your name calling, you are nothing but a bully with a computer.Really? Gloria is doing what whites folks have done and continue to do. Just because this intelligent, strong Black woman was able to be smart enough to retire with benefits don't hate on her.Your distain for her is apparent, but look at yourself before you point fingers at her.I dare you to call her a parasite in her face.If her husband was alive his foot would still be in your, whatever.Grow up, you are a Bully with a small following that has no power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be Gloria or a Jerry freak. Facts are facts and to make that much money in retirement and still not pay taxes is immoral. That aside, Gloria does what Jerry wants and talks to people as if they are stupid and she knows all the answers. She is not good for Plainfield or the 3rd Ward plain and simple.

      Delete
    2. If he could put his foot there, we could eliminate the tax exemption.

      Delete
  2. DOC, I have to disagree. What is she supposed to do, pay property taxes that she does not owe? If you have a problem take it up with legislators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doc, I am so proud of you. Most people in Plainfield know the truth but will not speak of it.

    Not only does she get an healthy pension, she gets them as a CARPETBAGGER!!! She never lived in Newark and to my knowledge did not live in the school district where she taught.

    By the way, she also appears to have trouble paying her PMUA bills on time. She was at one time more than $2,000.00 in arrears. I think she might have paid some of it, but I do not believe she is fully paid up. Will check and get back to you.

    Gloria is doing what white folks also do, and they are also parasites. To bad people with chips on their shoulders think that fair minded people single out a certain demographic for ethics. Dead beats are deadbeats - in all races, religions, economic levels, and genders.

    I also have disdain for her, as she readily admits that she is loyal to Jerry Green - how nice. Too bad the people of this CITY pay her salary, NOT Jerry Green. By the way Jerry, I pay your salary too. And she cares nothing for the 3rd ward, only her self interest and of course Jerry's.

    I would not call her a parasite to her face, because there are many other words I would use - however, unlike Jerry - I know what is appropriate to say in public and mixed company, and would not sink to that low lever.

    Nice to know that her husband would resort to violence to settle issues - I guess he wasn't too smart either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous 8:41 a.m. is it fair to say that you agree with the with Jerry Green and/or Gloria Taylor? As a BLACK woman who owns a home in Plainfield, I am tired of people like you who become digusted by facts. If more people paid more attention to the facts about what's really going on, Gloria Taylor's personal business would not be put on "Front Street". The people of Plainfield are so brainwashed that its unreal.

    People are always pointing the finger instead of looking at the issue at hand. Step out of the box and deal with reality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't seem to be able to post comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackdog, I do not know what problem you have with comments. Except for a very few that exceed all limits of decency, I post every comment I receive including those that damn me.

      Delete
  6. Hello Doc,

    In the past I have found your commentary to be thoughtful. I believe in this instance you have allowed your desire to have Ms. Taylor replaced, cloud your otherwise good judgment and thoughtful nature. You clearly stated in your blog post that she had legally earned her retirement benefits and other benefits she is receiving. I believe it fair to say that her retirement benefits are similar benefits enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of Americans who have worked previously in the education system. Further, it is very inappropriate of you to maybe unintentionally minimize the great service and sacrifice made by Mr. Taylor, her husband to this great nation. Your comments are extremely problematic. You should apologize to Ms. Taylor.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason I posted her retirement benefits is to show that she is better able to pay her obligations (taxes) for the common good of the operation of the city. I wrote she was entitled to every cent of pension the law allowed.

      Delete
    2. Ms Taylor should apologize to us. She doesn't pay her PMUA bills on time, which ARE her obligation.

      If you have enough money to pay your PMUA bill, front Ms. Taylor for her PMUA bill, I will send you my address and you can pay for mine also.

      Delete
  7. "I'm loyal to Jerry Green and Jerry is loyal to me." Those words, uttered by Gloria Taylor in public, sum it all up. A council member should be "loyal" to the citizens of Plainfield, not just a political boss. I'm a long-time Democrat but this year I am voting for a Republican for the Third Ward council seat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can only hope that many others in the 3rd Ward of tired of Gloria's deceit and obvious disdain for anything that tries to move Plainfield forward. She promised she would work with the current administration. I guess she lied as I have not seen that yet. Let's hope her morals kick in soon.

      Delete
  8. Doc, the truth hurts! The individuals defending Gloria Taylor must be double/triple dippers themselves and do not want the boat rocked too much because you now where there is smoke there is a fire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to Vote for the local Republian candidate in the third ward becouse I am tired of Green and his followers thinking that are entitled to everything they are Democrats Green and his followers have not been good to Plainfield and I am going to show up to vote this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What she earns in retirement is the least of my concerns nor does that fact that she is entitled to a tax relief program.
    Sitting on her high horse and pointing the finger of "Sister Holier Than Though" with the do as I say not as I do mentality... yeah... that's beyond insulting. Likability factor of ZERO.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Talk about unethical - When we talk about good government and transparency this is something that is strongly lacking in Plainfield. This is more so with the school board as these meetings are not video recorded or covered by any unbiased entity or individual. Just this past Tuesday Wilma Campbell, board of education president railroad a policy having to do with distributing propaganda without the superintendents approval on school grounds, she convinced the Superintendent to push it through without the proper vetting. When questioned about this by other board members the Superintendent couldn’t justify an answer and Wilma intervene on her behalf. I know I was sitting in the audience. I just received a call this morning that Mrs. Campbell is at cook school passing out flyers for her REPUBLICAN slate of school board candidates. Wilma is in direct violation of ethics by campaigning on school grounds especially when school is in session. Is this the kind of leader we want and need in Plainfield? HER, HER HUSBAN AND ALL HER MINIONS NEED TO GO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i received this to my mailbox about 10pm. I have posted it as areply to this comment.
      ​​This is very interesting, was the Super present? Also why are board members calling for a district employee to be fired? This is a clear violation of their sworn code (one of many). It seems it's true that the super is controlled by the the board pres. Wilma Campbell. Mr Ottman is the last impediment to the John and Wilma campbell gaining full access to $178m budget. They have been on a mission to fire him for yrs. This is exactly how the assistant super was dismissed through direct coercion by john and wilma campbell. The super was told flatly if she did not let her go her contract would be terminated. -Concerned citizen

      Delete
    2. THERE IS A TAPE ATTACHMENT TO THE ABOVE WHICH i WILL TRY TO POST.

      Delete
  12. Third ward is like Toyota -

    You want her - You got her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Third ward now has a used car with a new paint job . That car came off Jerry Green's used car lot. He will tell you anything you want to hear just to get you to buy off his lot. When the car breaks down he is no where to be found?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The point I believe Doc is making is how can someone make thoughtful decisions about city spending -- which will impact tax increases -- if they themselves aren't paying taxes with the rest of us.

    Mrs. Taylor could vote to increase taxes 1000% -- it wouldn't impact her.

    There are loopholes everywhere in our system. It is human nature to take advantage of opportunities where you find them.

    Just like Eric Watson took the money he was awarded .. just like Mrs. Taylor taking advantage of a tax loophole ... it's human nature. Is it legal? Yes. Is it moral and ethical? No. A lot of people -- black, white, purple, green -- lose all morals and decency when money is involved.

    The question is -- do you want to PAY people via ANOTHER government job where they can milk the system and take advantage?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will be going to vote and cross the line this year. I am tired of all the Democrats here in Plainfield. My taxes are up and the reputation of Plainfield and those who live in it is going down. Please people get off the Green Train and help make changes for the good of Plainfield before this City gets like Trenton.

    ReplyDelete