Monday, October 27, 2014

JUST POTPOURRI



A traumatic weekend in which not only  can my Alma Mater demonstrate how to lose a “won” football game in the last five minutes, but then to have to suffer through a Jet game. Wait till next year may be possible.

At least college basketball season is around the corner as is the elections. Too soon for basketball and these elections will have to be the subject of another blog.

Thank goodness tomorrow night the LWV local candidate’s forum will take place. The Green and Campbell tickets for this non-partisan BOE election will be on display. The bigger question will be if Gloria Taylor will show up for the Council candidates’ portion of the forum.

Although the mid-term elections for the control of the houses pf Congress is this year; here in NJ it has been a very quiet race. Who are the Republican candidates? I have no knowledge about those I could vote for.

The “House” races in NJ for years  is usually a non-contested one in as much as the Districts have been so gerrymandered that they are all safe.
If a Republican is elected Senator in NJ then that snowball will freeze.

10 comments:

  1. I have a suggestion for at least the school board. Vote one from each slate and the independent. That way no one gets full power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria Taylor did show up last night at NAACP debate. I don't see any reason why she wouldn't show up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doc, You are obsessed with Rev. Gloria Taylor, get over it, she is here to stay , and a lot of people are glad about it, except your mean group of haters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learn something new every day. I did not know she was a Reverend, just thought that sge was an school administrator and once upon a time a teacher. Where is here congregation?

      Delete
  4. The 3 comments starting with 3:17pm should have been deleted as #1 is typical of a group supporting the puppets and the typos in my reply. But the final comment makes the whole package just plane funny. Is she or is she not a minister?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably she is. My observation is that those who talk about God the most are the least Christian you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read somewhere that Gloria Taylor has a "ministeral-like association" with First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens in Somerset (might not be the exact name of Rev. Soaris's church) but whether or not she has been ordained( trained/schooled/ called) I don't know. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean she is a CARPETBAGGER in her ministry????

      Delete