I want to make it clear that I like Dan Damon and consider
him a friend; but not an intimate. I also appreciate the service he does to the
Community through his “CLIPS” blog.
Never the less I cannot resist taking not umbrage; but the
advantage to fleer his most recent blog, alluding to Christie as the Cowardly Lion. Dan, like a good party card holding Democrat belittles Christie because Christie chose to hold a special election in October to fill the
vacant Senate seat; rather to have the Special election in November concurrent with
the General Election.
Some in their complaints about the cost and stating that Christie was afraid of the probable increase in Democrat turnout that would put Christie in danger they include the costs of the Primary Election which would have had to be held under any circumstances. The bigger the numbers the worse it sounds.
It is under our electoral freedom laws that the Democrat
Candidate for Governor was selected; and she has openly not received the
support of many of the power brokers in the Party.
It is obvious that it is unlikely that Christie will be
defeated in November; Even the selection of the Vice President of the teacher’s” Service Employees International Union”
will not help.
I am not sure that if any election where either my man Booker or
Holt or Pallone who has powerful backers; is running against a non-entity Republican
could result in a big enough coat tails threat to Christie.
Yes that could be a realistic possibility; but perhaps there
are enough disenchanted Democrats who are finally objecting to electing such
stalwart outstanding governors as Florio, McGreevey, and of course that
outstanding financial genius Corzine. All these”peoples advocates” hold the responsibility
for NJ’s fiscal problems and high taxes. Unlikely but they could by protest votes result
in the unthinkable; election of a Republican Senator.
Dan, give Christie credit; instead of being Jerry’s alter ego
and consider the Republicans the source of all evil; in your political bent there can be an exception to include the wrong Democrats
in Plainfield.
Let us not ignore the fact that on November 5th there are already two elections with two distinct ballots scheduled. There would be gross confusion among the electorate if in addition to the School Board elections which many municipalities have oped for, if a third separate ballot for a special election was added. I am not excluding the possibility of referendums on the ballot; we have not yet received the Charter Commissions report.
I am not sure that the voting machines could handle that. I do not know how they are going to handle the two ballots already on the docket. The General election and the BOE elections are separate entities and I doubt if they can legally appear together. Will we have to revert to paper ballots? I am sure you have the answer.
You know New Jersey’s has two versions on how to fill a Senate Vacancy in the same section of the law. Thank goodness each State has its own right; not dictated by those politicians in Washington.
Let us not ignore the fact that on November 5th there are already two elections with two distinct ballots scheduled. There would be gross confusion among the electorate if in addition to the School Board elections which many municipalities have oped for, if a third separate ballot for a special election was added. I am not excluding the possibility of referendums on the ballot; we have not yet received the Charter Commissions report.
I am not sure that the voting machines could handle that. I do not know how they are going to handle the two ballots already on the docket. The General election and the BOE elections are separate entities and I doubt if they can legally appear together. Will we have to revert to paper ballots? I am sure you have the answer.
You know New Jersey’s has two versions on how to fill a Senate Vacancy in the same section of the law. Thank goodness each State has its own right; not dictated by those politicians in Washington.
I have combined the two by reprinting the two problem
clauses in sequence but in different color.
“If a vacancy shall happen in the representation of this
State in the United States senate, it
shall be filled at the general election next succeeding the happening thereof,
unless such vacancy shall happen within 70 days next
preceding such election, next preceding the
primary election prior to the general election, in which
case it shall be filled by election at the second succeeding general election,
unless the governor of this State shall deem it advisable to call a special
election therefor, which he is authorized hereby to do.
The red wording gave him the legal right to appoint a
Republican who would have been entrenched for over a year. Think about that; The
Democrat's hold on the Senate is tenuous as is, and incumbents do have an advantage. Also don't forget that if Christie had chosen to postpone the election until 2014 there would have been the savings of the cost of the special primary.
Don’t you think that he may have hurt his standing with the
right leaning Republicans?
(7am additions)
Rob, please resubmit your comment.I question the appropriateness of the last half of the copy submitted.
ReplyDeleteWhy don't you and rob just call each other up??
ReplyDelete2:57 Why don't I call you if I needed to do so? Although Rob signs his comments they are received like those that are anonymous; no email address an of course no phone n7umber
ReplyDeleteGovernor Christie was damned if he did and damned if he didn't pick either one of the choices. He made his choice, now both parties have to live with it.
ReplyDeleteDoc, the LG candidate is from the Service Employees International Union--not either of the teacher unions (AFT and NJEA).
ReplyDeleteI'll sum it up Doc.. sorry, was out and about most of the day yesterday.
ReplyDeleteI have a clue what you questioned, so I'll rewrite most of it.
Dan Damon would rather vote, endorse and support a dead crooked Democrat over any other candidate simply because they have a "D" in front of their name.
How it must have caused Dan such great torment when Bob "THE TORCH" Torricelli's first defense in his corruption trial was, " It's not my fault, they voted for me and exposed me to the corruption. I had no choice once they put me into office." .. Dan must have beat his chest, wailed and weeped for weeks knowing he was one of the causes of the demise of this once great man.
His hypocrisy is repeated without any effort with fine examples of " bad Jerry, bad Jerry, we have to get rid of Jerry" one day and then followed up with "VOTE FOR JERRY, VOTE THE PARTY LINE, KEEP THE DEMOCRATS STRONG". Then he turns around and lets Jerry print his "poor me, people are mean to me" piece in his blog at the beginning of the local Dem's Year of Koumbaya.
The best part about Chris Christie being popular is that he doesn't care if he is or isn't, lol. Which has got to put a strangle hold on the desperate to be liked Democrats in NJ.
Dan will never be able to vote a person, simply a party. Dan is as much the problem in Plainfield as the corrupt individuals he forces himself to vote for. His myopic view of the world will never allow him to focus on the 3 fingers staring back at him with his cowardly chants to Governor Christie. As much as a coward as Dan feels the Governor is, who is Dan and everyone else in Plainfield hoping comes in and ends the corruption of the local Democrats ( their buddies, their friends, their fellow taxpayers-sometimes ) including the PMUA ?? That's right, the big cowardly Lion.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I was the Governor, with all the vile commentary that comes out of Plainfield from the likes of Dan and Jerry Green, my only comment toward Plainfield's crying for help would be --- STEW IN YOUR OWN MESS AND FIND THE DEMOCRATS WILLING THE HELP YOU. ( GOOD LUCK WITH THAT PLAINFIELD )