A sign of the times; I must have missed Mark Spivey's report about Monday's Council meeting in the Courier. I do not know if it was even printed, however today I noticed it in the on line edition.
Nowadays if one is not computer savvy or has one of the exotic cell phones they will be ignorant about local news. The TV media especially the channel outlets reports national storeys of interest, but many slant them to reflect editorial interests. Most of local TV news is about criminal actions or other sensational items to fill their time slot.
The Star Ledger, which Councilwoman Carter would make the official legal newspaper for Plainfield apparently did not have anything either in print or on line about the meeting. At least, despite to the best of my attempts I could not find that story
If you are not a subscriber to Comcast, the Plainfield info channel (74?) has no value, it is not available through any other signal provider. Is there any method to find out how each household receives its TV programing? A study should be done, and perhaps there should be some corrective action.
While on the subject of "Information", what is the function of the city's web site. The calender still has not posted the scheduled special council meetings. The meeting agendas are not posted on the site, which would be better than having to go to City Hall or the Library to read or pick up one. A possible subject for the Budget discussions.
About moving the Council meeting site. I would admit that the City Hall Library is not conducive for large public attendance ta the agenda setting session. A larger meeting place would be helpful, however the City Hall is the place where needed support material is located. Thus an off site meeting place may create complications.
As Plaintalker has pointed out, I can not remember when ANY COUNCIL COMMITTEE presented its required reports to the Council. How many meetings, what was discussed, and what was the attendance. Would a new schedule make any difference or is the reasoning just hot air?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
To Anonymous. I thank you for your comments. If I could have deleted one small item about an individual's orientation, I would have published it. However, no matter what I tried I would be forced to print the whole document,but be advised that personality derogatory remarks have no place in my world. If you would resubmit with out that personal reference I would be most happy to publish it.
ReplyDeleteTo Anonymous, Thanks for your response. It is appreciated and I do understand your position and respect it. The problem lies in the fact that there are others who are vindictive in their remarks and I do not want to give them fuel. I am glad that you do enjoy reading my blog and sometimes I too can unintentionally make a comment that might upset someone else.
ReplyDelete