Saturday, December 13, 2008

NO WORDS OF WISDOM

I usually try to write my "commentary blogs" the night before posting. I had two subjects that I wanted to express my "grouchy" opinion. The first was the Senate vote on the auto-maker's bailout. The second was inspired by Councilman Burney's blog posted Dec. 11, in which he blasts those who have made adverse remarks about Obama's appointees.

However somehow the clock ran faster than usual and bed time took precedent. I have made frequent comments on the "bailout" and economy as I see it over the past few weeks and this has become a lower "editorial " priority. Perhaps I shall post this in the next few days depending on daily happenings.Suffice to say, "I told you so".

Councilman Burney merits a quick rebuttal and probably that would have been the subject posted tomorrow if it were not for Council President Harold Gibson's letter in Sat's Courier. The two items might possibly be part of a combined commentary. This will be Sunday's "sermon".

Meanwhile I urge all who read the Courier not to miss Gibson's letter. He deserves his views.

To compensate in part for the lack of pontification I am presenting a 1960s photo of the highway between Montego Bay and Ochos Rios.


No comments:

Post a Comment