Wednesday, October 22, 2008

To "semperfi"

In order to conserve space, rather than reprint semperfi's comment to my last "Next President" blog,I would ask you to read it there. I am printing my reply here.

Dear semperfi, Thank you for your comments. You are not being disrespectful. I have NO DOUBT about who will be the next President. I only hope that Obama will chose wisely for his key advisers and policy makers. The Pelosi group scares the devil out of me. Yet she will wield tremendous power the nest 2 years.

I do not completely fear a product of machine politics. Truman who came out of the Pendergast KC machine turned out to be one of our greatest Presidents.

It is youth and inexperience that I fear. Although Kennedy successfully practiced brinkmanship during the Cuban Missile Crisis that is no guarantee that the next adventurer will also weigh the consequences. There would not have been the situation for the Missile crisis if Kennedy had not botch the Bay of Pigs fiasco.

Biden's recent remarks about an immanent crisis after the election is probably 99% on the mark. I believe he was implying that his experience would save the day. I don't think that he meant that Obama would be incapable of reacting, but that he wanted to reassure us that he would be there for advice. Shades of Cheney!

If McCain were in that position, which he will not be, we would find out that he is NOT Bush.

1 comment:

  1. Also, (forgot one thing), I am very aware that Obama will CERTAINLY face a crisis upon inaugeration. But, his character is what gives me peace of mind. The issue of character with Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin is just that, for me, an issue. The way they have been conducting themselves along their campaign is far from Presidential. But, so long as their is a fair, impartial electoral process, I will be content with either candidate as President and VP (but I will sleep more sound if Obama/Biden are in office) haha

    ReplyDelete