Wednesday, March 23, 2011

True Potpourri

 As a tween ager in the long distant past I read, believe it or not, a science fiction story by Kipling! The story "With the Night Mail" made such an impression that to this day I can recall that it perceived of a world where "lighter than air aircraft" not airplanes were the  future. The story was suppose to take place in 2000.

 For a lark I googled the title  and to my surprise came up with a plethora of hits, this one has the complete story, including commentary. http://www.wondersmith.com/scifi/mail.htm    You might enjoy the tale specially considering the Author is most remembered for his tales of India and the British Empire.

I am happy to post this because it is more in context with my original concept of "Doc's Potpourri then the overwhelming focusing on the unfortunate affairs of Plainfield.  Tomorrow I will again wander from civil turmoil for a tale from WWII.

No comments:

Post a Comment