Wednesday, December 27, 2017

DEC. 27


The old man and 60% generation 4: Casey aka Sheldon 16, Jake 8 and Sydney 13. Boy am I lucky!




 10pm and the house is quiet. A delightful nut too short visit from Roanoke, Columbus Ohio, DC, and NYC family members.
 This was the annual “Oh Hellers”  get together and the cards were queerer than any other times. My record was of course the best; 1 first,5 seconds (2 were lost by one point on the last one card hand which there is no control), and two ties for third.
 Even two disaster weeks; car power steering went out, the microwave had a fire caused by a microwave safe cover, someone unplugged the freezer and I received a water bill with twice the normal usage which seems to be from outside between the meter and shut off valve in house. Nothing catastrophic, the 13 year old car had a leak in the power steering pump, the microwave works but needs a new shield over the unit, I have been postponing culling what was ancient (about 75%) in the freezer and I do have waterline insurance.
 Let 2018 be a great year for everyone. That does not include politicians at all levels that think a civic service position is divine right and career.

No comments:

Post a Comment