Sunday, December 31, 2017

BYE BYE 2017

 A face that only a parent could love

DAWG

 The coldest and last day of 2017.Monday is January 1, 2018 and Dawg and I wish everyone a healthy and prosperous year.
  Jan.1 is also the reorganization meeting of the Council at which time besides the state of the city address by the Mayor who is starting a new term; certain housekeeping item such as the swearing in of newly elected individuals as well as the appointment of various civic job holders which are subject to the Council approval.
  This includes a resolution authorizing the execution of an agreement between the City of Plainfield and David l. Minchello, esq. to perform legal services as corporation counsel for the city of Plainfield. , and a. resolution granting the advice and consent to the reappointment of Richard J. Gartz as chief financial officer for the City of Plainfield.
  I was unable to find any reference to the City Administrator or any of the Department Heads. I would assume that their appointments are for the duration of a Mayor’s term in office which for Mayor Mapp would expire 12/31 2017. He is being sworn in as Mayor for 4 years on 1/1/2018  which is in effect a new person so I would consider that those positions are vacant and in need of (re)appointments. Or perhaps they will not be filled since the Mayor is now receiving compensation greater than some neighboring full time Mayors.
  I was unable to open any of the Resolutions so I could not view the Council meeting schedule for 2018. I have heard from a reliable source that there will be instead of the customary vacation time July/August combined meetings that there are now FIVE combined agenda fixing and business meetings. This Council is certainly earning its self-voted raise.
  Transparency is not a  fact for Trump’s Administration and Plainfield’s government in 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment