Tuesday, June 16, 2015

FOR TODAY

My excuses are good for not writing a blog this morning.

Last night I was going to watch the Florida-UVA college World Series game which was to start at 8pm. So,I first turned  on the Mets'  game which turned out to be a pitcher's battle and was worth watching.

The college game was delayed to about 10 pm so I  continued to watch the Mets , but after Familia blew the save in the 9th the college game had started. It was a true pitcher's duel. I was lucky to see the Mets come from behind in the 11th and win their game.

UVA finally scored a run in the 5th or 6th inning which was at an already late bed time. I did turn my bedroom TV on to watch the game, knowing that the best antidote to insomnia is the TV. Sure enough the next time I  looked at the TV it was 2am and I learned that UVA had won by the 1:0 score.

This morning my breakfast newspaper took up the first few hours and before I knew it was 10 am. The Ledger  had its daily anti-Christie editorial; this time about how if h were President he would start WW III.

Perhaps  an aggressive foreign policy would be better than our present mixed uncertain fear ridden non-policy which in itself could reduplicate the  course that led up to WWII.

 Other things to do as I write this, so a report on the Council meeting late tomorrow morning will be the next blog.

1 comment:

  1. Old Doc, I would agree 100% with your statement, “Perhaps an aggressive foreign policy would be better than our present mixed uncertain fear ridden non-policy which in itself could reduplicate the course that led up to WWII, except for the words, “non-policy.” I believe and fear, in fact, our president does indeed have a policy. His policy is to engage and ally himself with Shite Iran and deliberately move away from over 40 years of US presidents’ support of Israel. Angelo

    ReplyDelete